- Hampton, Georgia
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
President job at Army Aviation Heritage Found in Hampton GA
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Army Aviation Heritage Foundation and Flying Museum seeks to 1) honor the memory and service of veterans and their families, 2) support veterans and patriots by providing engaging volunteer opportunities that extend or create connections to Army Aviation, 3) encourage careers in aviation by supporting educational initiatives in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM), as we 4) preserve, protect, and promote the legacy of Army Aviation.
The President will provide leadership for all aspects of the 501 (c)(3) organization, ensuring we operate efficiently and effectively, while engaging internally with volunteers and staff, and serving as the face of the organization to our external customers and partners. The President will be aligned with, and ensure team members are aligned with, the organization’s mission and objectives and that the team works together to successfully achieve strategic objectives at the foundation level.
· Implement strategic plans that meet the organization’s missions, goals, and objectives.
· Serve as liaison to Board of Directors.
· Target external stakeholders and identify and facilitate strategic partnerships to support the organization’s mission.
· Lead internal stakeholders to deliver results for all aspects of the organization.
· Develop positive relationships with internal stakeholders by valuing volunteers and staff members who serve the organization.
· Create succession plans for key areas of the organization.
· Recruit and develop senior leadership to guide critical organizational functions.
· Ensure a culture of transparency and effective communication throughout the organization.
· Reinforce commitment to and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
· Monitor and address challenges in the internal and external environment to protect the organization’s interests.
· Identify, develop, and facilitate partnerships and methodologies for the organization to engage in STEM initiatives.
· Provide oversight for all foundation relations functions (marketing, networking, and memberships).
· Serve as central responsible leader in developing, planning, and implementing initiatives to ensure the resources are available to support the organization’s mission.
· Lead successful fundraising initiatives.
· Travel as required.
Background and Qualifications
· Prior experience in a senior leadership role.
· Role requires full commitment and precludes outside engagements other than by advance approval from AAHF board-level leadership.
· Ability to lead the development and implementation of strategic plans.
· Solid understanding of financial strategies and performance metrics.
· Aptitude for verbal and written communication skills, public presentation skills, and successful internal and external relationship development skills including conflict management.
· Demonstrated skill in effective time management and efficient and strategic leadership of human (staff and volunteers) and capital assets to yield results.
· Technological literacy necessary to operate independently in performing routine responsibilities.
· Knowledge of best practices in leadership, management, and governance.
· Excellent public speaking and relationship development skills.
· Experience in not-for-profit preferred.
· Demonstrated experience and success in fundraising highly desired.
· Background in aviation preferred.
· Strong references required.
Army Aviation Heritage Found Company Overview
The Army Aviation Heritage Foundation tells the U.S. Army Aviation Story by hosting and participating in Aircraft and Museum Tours, School Programs, Air Shows and other public events across the country. AAHF acquires, restores and maintains historic vintage flying aircraft representing Army Aviation during Vietnam and the Cold War. Honoring the men and women who have served in the U.S. Military and Army Aviation, our Sky Soldiers along with dedicated volunteers conduct patriotic flying presentations, public helicopter rides, educational presentations and more.