Director Of Contracts Aerospace 2021 019 Featured
- Kirkland, Washington
- Job ID
Director Of Contracts Aerospace 2021 019 job at Astronics in Kirkland WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Director of Contracts Aerospace (2021-019)
About the Organization Astronics Corporation (Nasdaq: ATRO) serves the worlds aerospace defense and other mission critical industries with proven innovative technology solutions. Astronics works side-by-side with customers integrating its array of power connectivity lighting structures interiors and test technologies to solve complex challenges. For 50 years Astronics has delivered creative customer-focused solutions with exceptional responsiveness. Today global airframe manufacturers airlines military branches completion centers and Fortune 500 companies rely on the collaborative spirit and innovation of Astronics.
We offer our breadth of technology solutions and services through 11 subsidiary business units and numerous award-winning product brands. Serving our customers is our first priority and every day we honor this mission with quality partnership and energetic global vision.
Astronics Subsidiary Astronics AES
Location Kirkland WA
The Director of Contracts Aerospace will provide contract administration and management support to the Aerospace Segment of Astronics Corporation including to subsidiaries located in Kirkland WA Kent WA Everett WA Clackamas OR and Waukegan IL. This includes provision of guidance and education to internal stakeholders across the organization on business risk mitigation and strategic issues. This role involves the negotiation of the legal terms and conditions of contracts to ensure negotiated terms comply with company policies. The Director of Contracts- Aerospace work with customers and suppliers to reach consensus on contracts and will work with internal stakeholders to develop and execute strategies to resolve contract disputes. The Director of Contracts- Aerospace will analyze contractual rights and obligations provide an analysis of the associated risks and provide related advice to address manage and mitigate the risks identified. The successful candidate will be expected to have the prerequisite skills and experience to represent Astronics independently on significant transactions with strong communication skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Negotiation of long-term agreements and terms and conditions for customer and supplier contracts through collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Prepare MOUs MOAs NDAs domestic and international consultant/sales representative agreements and other contractual agreements.
- Analyze contracts to ensure they comply with state and federal laws and regulations and internal company policies.
- Advise internal stakeholders and senior management on contractual rights and obligations and the interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Coordinate with all levels of management to gather analyze summarize and prepare recommendations regarding strategies practices and procedures.
- Draft contract letters and other communications and notices.
- Participate in management review of proposals/contracts and in the conduct of program reviews.
- Develop negotiation strategy and lead negotiation team on complex contractual issues.
- Analyze new laws regulations and contract trends for potential impact on business unit goals and objectives.
- Provide authoritative guidance to internal business teams on corporate goals and objectives relating to contract activity.
- Advise management on legal risks strategies for resolution of disputes and other liability mitigation matters.
- Facilitate and negotiate contract settlements.
- Serve as focal point for all communication with law finance and business team disciplines for resolution of contract issues and disputes.
- Assist in identification development and implementation of new contract policy and processes.
- Assist in the preparation of export license applications.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Detailed knowledge and thorough understanding of proper drafting negotiation and use of contracts subcontracts POs and other forms of agreements.
Working knowledge of:
- Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs) and Defense Acquisition Regulations (DFARs);
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC);
- The U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR);
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR); and
- Accounting principles and finance.
- Strong negotiation analytical and communication skills.
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in contract negotiation or administration
- Juris Doctor preferred
- Must be a US Person (under ITAR rules) to be eligible.
- An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug test and background check and applicants who do not successfully pass both the drug test and background check will not be considered for employment.
Astronics AES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment please e-mail ...@astronics.com or call: 425-###-####. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Travel Requirements Travel to other sites - 5% of the time
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color sex sexual orientation gender identity religion national origin disability veteran status or other legally protected status.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Accounts Payable Clerk (ATSO) in Orlando FL
Posted on: 2/26/2021
Sr. Accounting Manager - (ATSO) in Orlando FL
Posted on: 2/22/2021
Financial Analyst 2 (2021-012) in Kirkland WA
Posted on: 2/18/2021
Other Jobs Within 60 Miles
Systems Engineer 4 (2020-037) in Kirkland WA
Posted on: 10/17/2020
Electrical Engineer 4 - Power Supply Design (2021-001) in Kirkland WA
Posted on: 1/12/2021
Electrical Engineer 4 IoT and Wired/Wireless Data Networks technologies (2021-008) in Kirkland WA
Posted on: 2/4/2021
Test Engineer Electrical (2021-013) in Kirkland WA
Posted on: 2/19/2021
Electrical Engineer 2 (2021-016) in Kirkland WA
Posted on: 2/25/2021
Astronics Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.