Seasonal Cargo Agent
- Purchase, New York
- Job ID
Seasonal Cargo Agent job at Atlas Air Inc in Purchase NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Position is temporary, a seasonal position from October 2018 - January 2019.
Provide oversight and direction to vendors contracted by Atlas Air, and customers of Atlas ACMI flights, ensuring that proper Atlas and FAA handling procedures are used in the performance of duties. Assist / oversee flight handling coordination for all Atlas departments, Crews and ground handlers.
- Comply with all Company procedures, as outlined in manuals, bulletins, and memos.
- Perform job duties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow Company, local and government safety and security policies and procedures.
- Communicate with Station Supervisor and HDQ Global Control Center on any issues or irregularities that affect the operation.
- Work to ensure all customers, vendors, and government authorities are aware of aircraft arrival and departure times at the assigned station.
- Ensure all required equipment and personnel are in their proper position prior to aircraft arrival and departure at the parking location.
- Coordinate with customers to ensure proper and timely load planning.
- Ensure that all required preload checks are accomplished in order to ensure cargo, ULD integrity and compliance.
- Coordinate and supervise all cargo- related functions associated with handling the flight, which includes inspection of ULD’s, checking the weights randomly or on site inspection of pallets being weighed prior to being loaded onto Company aircraft.
- Conduct a thorough HAZMAT check of cargo.
- Ensures departing flight crew receives all applicable Ground Operations documentation in a timely manner.
- Receive and reproduce flight plans, weather, NOTAM/INTAMS and any other documents sent to the flight crews from Dispatch to operate their flight.
- Send and receive aircraft movement and load messages to and from up line and down line stations via email, fax or any other means required to notify all concerned.
- May arrange and order catering for flights adhering to proper catering procedures and levels per Company catering standards as provided in the published manuals.
- Supervise the vendor’s loading/unloading personnel.
- Ensure that the station aircraft marshalling plan is followed, as required.
- Replace and/or revises aircraft manuals, as required.
- Conduct FOD and safety inspections, as required.
- Identify potential problems as they develop and works with the Station Supervisor to reach resolutions.
- Completes and/or maintains company reports, messages, files, logs and forms and ensures that necessary paperwork is completed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school or equivalent work experience.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and qualify for airport ramp driving privileges
- Ability to work at any time, any day, as operational needs require.
- Previous aviation or logistics experience preferred
- Have the ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, in writing and verbally, both in one on one and group situations.
- Computer literacy, the ability to not only run basic email and word processing programs, but is able to learn and operate proficiently Company and industry programs.
Atlas Air Inc Company Overview
Atlas Air Worldwide is a recognized leader in international aviation outsourcing. Through Atlas Air, Inc., Polar Air Cargo Worldwide, Inc. and Titan Aviation Leasing, we deliver innovative, value-added services, reliability and superior performance to ACMI, CMI, dry-leasing and charter customers worldwide. An eminent force in global cargo operations, our know-how and expertise extend to the passenger market, operating both VIP and high-density flights. With the world’s largest fleet of B747 freighters, including the new-technology 747-8F, our B747 passenger solutions and our complementary B767 cargo and passenger services, we celebrate our 20th anniversary ready to empower our customers to capitalize on market-growth opportunities ahead. Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity in the workplace.