Supervisor Ground Operations
- Chicago, Illinois
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Supervisor Ground Operations job at Atlas Air Inc in Chicago IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Title: Supervisor Ground Operations
Department: Ground Operations
Reports To: Station Manager
Position Summary: This position is responsible for achieving all ground operations goals as they relate to performance, safety, service and regulatory compliance.
Major Job Accountabilities:
- Qualified to perform all aspects of ground operations including loadmaster, hazardous materials, deicing, fueling, catering, security, etc.
- Monitor our customers and vendors for compliance with Atlas procedures for all ground operations functions.
- Perform quality control audits of flight folders to ensure compliance.
- Keep management informed of any operational issues that may affect/impact operational performance.
- Ensure our customers/vendors are current with all operating requirements and focus items affecting ground operations.
- Responsible to ensure reliability, performance and safety goals for our customers and vendors are achieved.
- Monitor ramp activities and performance to ensure safe and timely aircraft handling.
- Collaboratively develop action plans with those performing below established goal to improve performance.
- Actively work with all other departments to continuously improve the service to our customers and control costs.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including GSE and UGSE maintenance.
- Must be qualified in all areas of ground and 747 operations.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Willingness to work varied hours and days off.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to meet the demands of varied responsibilities and deadlines.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Computer skills working with Microsoft Office or comparable software.
- Previous management/supervisory experience preferred.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, life insurance and 401k savings plan with company match. Visit our website at www.atlasair.com.
The Company is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please see the links to the “EEO is the Law” posters on our career websites http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume through http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
Atlas Air Inc Company Overview
Atlas Air Worldwide is a recognized leader in international aviation outsourcing. Through Atlas Air, Inc., Polar Air Cargo Worldwide, Inc. and Titan Aviation Leasing, we deliver innovative, value-added services, reliability and superior performance to ACMI, CMI, dry-leasing and charter customers worldwide. An eminent force in global cargo operations, our know-how and expertise extend to the passenger market, operating both VIP and high-density flights. With the world’s largest fleet of B747 freighters, including the new-technology 747-8F, our B747 passenger solutions and our complementary B767 cargo and passenger services, we celebrate our 20th anniversary ready to empower our customers to capitalize on market-growth opportunities ahead. Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity in the workplace.