Aircraft Systems Engineer
- Purchase, New York
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Aircraft Systems Engineer job at Atlas Air Inc in Purchase NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Title: Aircraft Systems Engineer
Location: Purchase, NY
Department: Technical Operations
Reports To: Manager Aircraft Systems Engineering
Position Summary: Provide leadership, technical direction, and assistance to the Technical and Flight Operations Divisions in the operation, maintenance, inspection, troubleshooting, and repair of aircraft air conditioning, aircraft furnishings and cargo loading systems, flight controls, hydraulics, fuel, anti-icing, landing gear, oxygen, pneumatic systems and related accessories.
Values and Behavioral Standards: To ensure the effective communication and application of company values and behavioral standards, as stated in our company “Code of Conduct” policy, and to respond appropriately in the event of any known departure.
Major Job Accountabilities:
- Maintain awareness of aircraft systems maintenance program and project changes.
- Implement FAA Airworthiness Directives and manufacturer service bulletins.
- Interface with all levels of Atlas Air and vendor overhaul shop provider.
- Provide on-site assessment of overhaul shop, hangar and line maintenance activities to anticipate problems and abnormal trends.
- Provide technical assistance including the use and proper interpretation of data and technical instructions.
- Review reported aircraft system malfunctions, analyze any undesirable trends and implement corrective actions.
- Review effectiveness of maintenance actions in order to identify any training needs.
- Monitor aircraft Spectrographic Oil Analysis Program (SOAP) data and schedule component removal due to component deterioration in order to maintain aircraft reliability.
- B.S. Engineering/Technical Engineering Degree (ME or AE) or equivalent experience.
- 5-12 years Airline/Aircraft Systems Engineering
- 7-9 years in applied engineering setting.
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with aircraft and engine system components.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of large aircraft system design.
- Ability to identify cost effective engineering solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interface with manufacturers and regulatory agencies.
- Some financial analysis skills required.
- Ability and flexibility to travel domestically and internationally.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, life insurance and 401k savings plan with company match. Visit our website at www.atlasair.com .
The Company is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Companys policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please see the links to the “EEO is the Law” posters on our career websites (www.atlasair.com/aa/careers.asp and www.polaraircargo.com/careers.asp).
Please state position applying for in subject line of email. For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume as a Word document along with salary history/requirements to: email@example.com .
Atlas Air Inc Company Overview
Atlas Air Worldwide is a recognized leader in international aviation outsourcing. Through Atlas Air, Inc., Polar Air Cargo Worldwide, Inc. and Titan Aviation Leasing, we deliver innovative, value-added services, reliability and superior performance to ACMI, CMI, dry-leasing and charter customers worldwide. An eminent force in global cargo operations, our know-how and expertise extend to the passenger market, operating both VIP and high-density flights. With the worlds largest fleet of B747 freighters, including the new-technology 747-8F, our B747 passenger solutions and our complementary B767 cargo and passenger services, we celebrate our 20th anniversary ready to empower our customers to capitalize on market-growth opportunities ahead. Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity in the workplace.