- Purchase, New York
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
AOG Supervisor job at Atlas Air Inc in Purchase NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Title: AOG Supervisor
Location: Purchase, NY
Department: Technical Operations
Reports To: Director AOG
Position Summary: The position provides direct supervision to the Material Specialists at the
AOG desk, providing critical materials support for Atlas and Polar Air Cargo.
Values and Behavioral Standards: To ensure the effective communication and application of company values and behavioral standards, as stated in our company “Code of Conduct” policy, and to respond appropriately in the event of any known departure.
Major Job Accountabilities:
- Responsible for supervisory functions of AOG and critical material support functions.
- Responsible for supervising the handling of material requests for the day-to-day operations.
- Responsible for the supervision of the AOG Material Specialists. Ensures accurate coordination between shifts.
- Ability to work day/night or weekend and off site shift schedule to support the operation as needed.
- Ensures liaison with MCC and line stations to provide timely and accurate handling of materials requests. Coordinates with MCC and line stations to fulfill material requirements. Reports on AOG materials issues in the daily operations meeting as required.
- Supervises material Loans and Borrows. Minimizes duration of borrowed parts and assures timely
return to Atlas Air of loaned parts and accurate billing.
- Responsible for monitoring Flight Spares Kits replenishment
- Monitors all AOG desk reports including but not limited to all Open orders, W&B, Rotable Purchases, robbed parts . NOE &NRI’s. Articulates all reports at weekly meetings
- Responsible for providing liaison with Accounting for invoice discrepancies.
- Reports on AOG material issues to the Director AOG, as required.
- Assists to develop sources of supply that provide critical support while remaining cost-effective.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Director AOG.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends on temporary or permanent basis as needs of business dictates.
- BS/BA preferred
- 5-7 years of airline material management experience preferred
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar and comfortable working with computers
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, life insurance and 401k savings plan with company match. Visit our website at www.atlasair.com.
The Company is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please see the links to the “EEO is the Law” posters on our career website http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume through http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
Atlas Air Inc Company Overview
Atlas Air Worldwide is a recognized leader in international aviation outsourcing. Through Atlas Air, Inc., Polar Air Cargo Worldwide, Inc. and Titan Aviation Leasing, we deliver innovative, value-added services, reliability and superior performance to ACMI, CMI, dry-leasing and charter customers worldwide. An eminent force in global cargo operations, our know-how and expertise extend to the passenger market, operating both VIP and high-density flights. With the world’s largest fleet of B747 freighters, including the new-technology 747-8F, our B747 passenger solutions and our complementary B767 cargo and passenger services, we celebrate our 20th anniversary ready to empower our customers to capitalize on market-growth opportunities ahead. Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity in the workplace.