Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All Atlas Air Inc Jobs
Senior Avionics Engineer
Atlas Air Inc
Salary Annual: USD
Brief Job Description:
The Sr. Avionics Engineer reports to the Manager, Avionics Engineering and is responsible for the engineering data, instructions, documents, and technical support that economically ensures the safety, airworthiness, and reliability of Atlas Air aircraft within the following ATA chapter subjects: 22, 23, 24, 26, 28, 31, 33, 34, 77.
- Provide guidance to Aircraft Systems Engineering staff.
- Issue instructions (EO’s) and documents to economically support operations and return aircraft to service in a safe, airworthy, and timely manner.
- Develop and/or obtain approved data, acceptable data, and Alternate Methods of Compliance (AMOCs) for repairs, alterations, and modifications.
- Report on the status of projects and issues as directed.
- Update technical source documents as applicable to insure accuracy.
- Support integration of new and previously operated aircraft.
- Liaise with manufacturers; maintenance representatives, repair & overhaul (MRO) facilities; outside engineering departments; regulatory personnel; and other outside agencies.
- Participate in industry working groups, industry steering committees, industry meetings, and conferences.
- Review work of consultant, contract, and MRO Systems Engineers.
Key Objectives (Metrics):
- Evaluate Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), Notices of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRMs), Airworthiness Directives (ADs), Service Bulletins (SBs), Service Letters (SLs), and other notifications of in-service issues.
- Develop product improvement modifications as directed by Reliability Indicators.
- Fleet Reliability Analysis for unique systems and components.
- Work with original equipment manufacturers on emerging issues to help ensure safety and airworthiness, but also minimize the economic impact.
- Organize, develop and provide all necessary Avionic Engineering documentation required to complete aircraft Systems modifications and repairs within the allocated time schedule and budget allowance.
- Establish component repair and build specifications to enhance dispatch reliability in accordance with budgetary and regulatory requirements.
- Developing, managing and maintaining Aging Aircraft Programs:
- FAR 121.1111 (EWIS) Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems Analysis
- SFAR 88 - (EPAS/FTS) Enhanced Airworthiness Program for Airplane Systems/Fuel Tank Safety Analysis
Key Objectives (Activities):
- Provide technical support to Technical Operations, Ground Operations, Flight Operations, and other Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings personnel.
- Coordinate with other Engineering staff to provide 24/7 technical support.
- Review systems portion of the Aircraft Maintenance and Inspection Program, and initiate maintenance program changes and changes to maintenance documents.
- Meets deadlines
- Remembers & follows instructions
- Meets daily attendance & punctuality standard
- Work is thorough
- Produces accurate, dependable work
- Output is consistent
- Complete attention to detail
- Volume of work produced meets expectations
- Commitment to task
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with aircraft and engine avionic systems and components.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of large aircraft avionic systems and components design.
- Ability to identify cost effective engineering solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interface with manufacturers and regulatory agencies.
- Some financial analysis skills required.
- 5-12 years Airline/Aircraft Avionic Engineering
- 7-9 years in applied engineering setting.
- B.S. Engineering/Technical Engineering Degree (EE or AE) or equivalent experience.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, life insurance and 401k savings plan with company match. Visit our website at www.atlasair.com.
The Company is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please see the links to the “EEO is the Law” posters on our career websites http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume through http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
Senior Avionics Engineer job at Atlas Air Inc
Apply for this Senior Avionics Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!