Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All Atlas Air Inc Jobs
Senior Structures Engineer
Atlas Air Inc
Salary Annual: USD
Title: Sr. Structures Engineer
Location: Purchase, NY
Department: Technical Operations
Reports To: Manager Aircraft Structures & Project Engineering
Position Summary: The Senior Structures Engineer reports to the Manager, Structures & Projects Engineering and is responsible for the engineering data, instructions, documents, and technical support that economically ensures the safety, airworthiness, and reliability of Atlas Air aircraft within the following ATA chapter subjects: 25, 27 (structural aspects), 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 71 (structural aspects), and 78 (structural aspects).
Major Job Accountabilities:
- Provide guidance to Structures Engineering staff.
- Issue instructions and documents to economically support operations and return aircraft to service in a safe, airworthy, and timely manner.
- Develop plans, instructions, and documents to comply with FARs, ADs, and NPRMs and to resolve non-mandatory in-service issues.
- Participate in industry working groups, industry steering committees, industry meetings, and conferences.
- Support integration of new and previously operated aircraft.
- Liaise with manufacturers; maintenance representatives, repair & overhaul (MRO) facilities; outside engineering departments; regulatory personnel; and other outside agencies.
- Review work of consultant, contract, and MRO Structures Engineers.
- Evaluate Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), Notices of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRMs), Airworthiness Directives (ADs), Service Bulletins (SBs), Service Letters (SLs), and other notifications of in-service issues.
- Develop and/or obtain approved data, acceptable data, and Alternate Methods of Compliance (AMOCs) for repairs, alterations, and modifications.
- Evaluate reported Level 2 and Level 3 corrosion findings, develop corrective action plans, and submits plan in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate discrepancies that require mandatory reporting to the FAA, and submit these reports to the FAA in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Develop product improvement modifications as dictated by Reliability indicators.
- Work with original equipment manufacturers on emerging issues to help ensure safety and airworthiness, but also minimize the economic impact.
- Organize, develop and provide all necessary Structures Engineering documentation required to complete aircraft structures modifications and repairs within the allocated time schedule and budget allowance.
- Provide technical support to Technical Operations, Ground Operations, Flight Operations, and other Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings personnel.
- Provide 24/7 technical support in cooperation with other Engineering staff.
- Implement the Repair Assessment Program (RAP).
- Implement programs to comply with new FARs on Repairs, Alterations, and Modifications (RAMs) and other Aging Aircraft programs such as Widespread Fatigue Damage (WFD).
- Initiate maintenance program changes and changes to maintenance documents.
- 4-8 years Aircraft Structural Engineering
- B.S. Engineering/Technical Engineering Degree
- Meets deadlines
- Remembers & follows instructions
- Meets daily attendance & punctuality standard
- Work is thorough
- Produces accurate, dependable work
- Output is consistent
- Complete attention to detail
- Volume of work produced meets expectations
- Commitment to task
- Ability and flexibility to travel domestically and internationally.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, life insurance and 401k savings plan with company match. Visit our website at www.atlasair.com.
The Company is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please see the links to the “EEO is the Law” posters on our career websites http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume through http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
Senior Structures Engineer job at Atlas Air Inc
Apply for this Senior Structures Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!