Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All Atlas Air Inc Jobs
Internal Auditor Computer Information Analyst
Atlas Air Inc
Salary Annual: USD
Title: Internal Auditor Computer Information Analyst
Location: Purchase, NY
Department: Internal Audit
Reports To: Director, Internal Audit
Position Summary: The position will focus on conducting operational and financial risk-based audits as well as developing data analytical, lower level statistical and data management routines to support the review of business processes. The routines will help identify trends and provide data points to assist in the automation of controls and to improve processes. The position will report directly to the Director, Internal Audit (IA) and as assigned, to a Senior Internal Auditor, and will assist with the planning, execution and reporting of internal audits as required.
Major Job Accountabilities:
- OPERATIONAL/FINANCIAL AUDIT
- Assist the Director, IA with developing strategies to improve internal controls and minimize risk.
- Assist with the execution of financial, operational or other audits and special projects as required.
- Assist all members of the IA Department through the development of data programming and analytic routines in support of evaluating the effectiveness of internal control processes.
- Survey the function or activities to be audited and prepare detailed process flows, meeting minutes and audit programs for use in performing the audit, including both tests of controls and substantive testing.
- Keep IA management informed of the status of audits in progress and any potential problems or significant audit findings as they arise.
- Prepare a list of audit issues throughout the audit and constructively discuss with local management to validate each issue and begin developing a plan for remediation.
- Prepare consolidated written documentation of all audit issues to local management during the closing meeting on the last day of fieldwork.
- Prepare a draft of the audit report and send to local management for documenting their action plan to address each issue.
- Contribute to IA management strategy to develop, sustain and continuously enhance the image and perceived value of the IA within the Company.
- SARBANES-OXLEY (SOX)
- Assist with all activities related to Section 404 certification including:
- Risk Assessment
- Control Documentation and Remediation
- Control Design
- Testing of Operating Effectiveness
- Policies and Procedures
- Constructively work with management to identify areas for improvement, collectively agree upon appropriate corrective actions, facilitate remediation efforts, and monitor progress to ensure that the Company is timely addressing and remediating significant deficiencies and/or material weaknesses.
- Work with Senior Internal Auditor, as assigned, to assist key executives in documenting both existing and newly created policies and procedures using established Company standards.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of appropriate testing strategies and test plans to enable management to assess the operating effectiveness of key controls over financial reporting.
- Assist with the administration of the Company’s SOX compliance program and various education efforts related to SOX 404, internal controls and fraud risk management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration - information systems or accounting.
- CISA, CPA or CIA certificate desirable; MBA a plus.
- Minimum 1 - 3 years' experience in corporate audit, information systems and/or public accounting.
- Sound track record of accomplishment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong analytical skills, ability to maintain composure under pressure, and a proactive approach to problem-solving and the overall execution of job responsibilities are all essential qualities necessary to be successful in this position.
- Knowledge of computer-assisted audit techniques (CAATs) to support audit projects
- Experience building data analytic procedures and using them on audit or investigative initiatives.
- Familiarity with visualization tools desirable but not required (Tableau, Tibco Spotfire, QlikView).
- Familiarity/experience/intent to learn coding to support statistical and data management routines desirable but not required (C++, Visual Basic, Java, SQL, ACL, ABAP, XBASE++, STATA).
- Familiarity with ACL, IDEA, SAS, My SQL desirable but not required.
- Experience with database management systems, data warehousing, query languages, report generators desirable but not required.
- Solid, working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint at an intermediate to advanced level.
- Experience testing and evaluating internal controls to ensure compliance with SOX, particularly Section 404.
- Knowledge of COSO Integrated Frameworks for Internal Control and ERM.
- Systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance process.
- Ability to manage small projects successfully.
- A team player and ability to interact with all levels within the company.
- Ability to travel approximately 5%-10% is required.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, life insurance and 401k savings plan with company match. Visit our website at www.atlasair.com.
The Company is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please see the links to the “EEO is the Law” posters on our career websites http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume through http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
Internal Auditor Computer Information Analyst job at Atlas Air Inc
Apply for this Internal Auditor Computer Information Analyst position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!