- Broomfield, Colorado
- Hourly $26.00 - $32.00
- Job ID
Avionics Technicians job at Avex INC in Broomfield CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
We need motivated and diligent Avionics Technicians to support our fast-growing avionics shop at the Rocky Mountain Regional Airport in Broomfield, Colorado. The job entails scheduled maintenance and troubleshooting. The ideal candidate will exercise care and precision in order to ensure quality installations, on-time deliveries, and satisfied customers. This position requires exceptional customer service attitude, teamwork skills, attention to detail, and the ability to effectively coordinate with other service departments.
The role will include avionics recurrent scheduled maintenance and troubleshooting, equipment installations and modifications, and airworthiness directive and service bulletin compliance. Specifically, the technician will be performing system repairs, pitot/static and transponder system testing, incoming and outgoing inspections, database updates, firmware updates, and instructions for continued airworthiness (ICA) compliance and maintenance on various systems: Com, Nav, DME, WX Radar, EFIS, Altimeters, XPDRS, Datalink Weather and Traffic Systems, GPWS, etc.
- Avionics Knowledge in the form of formal education, on the job training, applicable military experience.
- Capable of following electrical schematics.
- Familiar in the use of Avionics tooling: Multimeter, Megger, Milliohm meter, Ect.
- Soldering skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- On time and punctual.
- Able to read, write, and understand technical English.
- Familiar with common business technology: Microsoft Suite, Windows, iPads
- Must live local or willing to relocate.
- Willing to work overtime, including weekends.
- Avionics Associates Degree.
- FAA Airframe certification.
- FAA Powerplant certification.
- Experience with the Garmin ecosystem.
- (G600, G1000, G3000, G600, GTN750, GMX200, GTS820, & GTX33/32).
- Previous installation experience on various makes and models of MFD, GPS, Nav/Com
- Honeywell and L3 experience.
What We Offer: AVEX provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that propels your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. AVEX’s benefits provide the flexibility to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family:
- Medical and Dental plans
- Immediate PTO Accrual, up to 192 hours
- Quarterly Bonuses
- 401k Matching
- Training and Development
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Avex is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Avex is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Avex INC Company Overview
AVEX is a world-renowned expert in the sales, operation, and maintenance of Daher TBM Aircraft. AVEX has a very strong customer base with well-maintained aircraft. The TBM is an enjoyable platform to maintain. AVEX takes pride in its product and maintains only TBM aircraft. This singular focus allows our technicians to develop deep expertise and deliver excellent customer support, services, and final products. We are seeking passionate, highly skilled professionals who thrive in a dynamic, technically challenging environment. At AVEX, you will have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your life. We strive to elevate our business through empowering our employees, because we believe our staff is the cornerstone of our success and essential to our long-term growth. If you want to take your career to new heights, get onboard with AVEX.