Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
Avflight at the Greater Rochester International Airport is hiring a Chief Maintenance Inspector. The Chief Inspector will be directly responsible to the Accountable Manager for the overall administration of the inspection department. In addition, the Chief Inspector is responsible for the following duties:
• This position will be responsible for the airworthiness of each unit returned to service by the repair station, as well as the establishment and maintenance of system of inspection and records that will insure that all aircraft released for flight have been inspected, tested and meet highest standards of airworthiness
• Assist in the development of cost estimates for major and minor work.
• Monitor all work in progress to determine that it is being accomplished properly, on schedule and within the cost ranges quoted.
• This will coordinate all activities for the various departments within the maintenance division to provide for effective and efficient work programs
• Maintenance of current library of reference materials such as Federal Aviation Regulations, Manufacture's service letter, Bulletins, Maintenance, and overhaul manuals and parts books applicable to all makes and models that may require frequent or repetitive maintenance work in our shop and or required for the repair station ratings held. to assure compliance with this technical data by all repair station personnel.
• Keep current on latest methods and materials that will assist in decreasing maintenance and inspection times and cost
• Establish a system of receiving, inspection and serviceable parts tagging to determine that all units installed on aircraft meet the proper specifications. Also establish a system of tagging all parts removed from aircraft with a specific notation as to disposition, which is scrap, repairable, hold for re-installation, etc. An immediate need is noted for tagging surplus materials and helping to dispose of this material.
• Obtain, store calibrate and be responsible for all necessary tools, equipment, and inspection aids, and other precision tools. they will test or have calibrated this equipment for accuracy according to the calibration schedule. And will keep a record of having completed these tests.
• The submittal of malfunctions and defects reports (FAA 8010-4) to FAA in accordance with the requirements of submittal
• Valid Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certificate.
• Meets the qualifications for Chief Inspector as defined in FAR Part 119.145
• Highly knowledgeable of Federal Aviation Regulations, and of EMS aviation practices and requirements.
• Seven (7) years aviation maintenance experience;
• Capability and eagerness to inspect company maintenance activities as required, supporting round-the-clock operations.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain tact and diplomacy in communicating with management and staff at all levels in high stress situations.
• Basic computer skills (word processor, spreadsheet).
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge and experience preferred.
EEO/AA apply online @ www.avflight.com or send resume to Colleen Howieson-Hepler @
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Please sign in to apply for this job.