Airframe & Powerplant Instructor Featured
- Riyadh, Na Saudi Arabia
- Job ID
Airframe Powerplant Instructor job at Aviation Australia Colleg in Riyadh NA
Description, duties, responsibilities
The position of Instructor is responsible for the competent delivery of their relevant stream subjects offered within the scope of Aviation Australia Riyadh College of Excellence (AARCOE) course offerings. The Instructor is also expected to participate in the delivery of specialist subjects relevant to their stream which are embedded within other stream courses.
- Instruct the theory and practical requirements within the applicable trade stream.
- Conduct examinations, and participate in the preparation, correction and assessment of examination papers, student reports and assignments.
- Participate in the counselling, remediation amd administration of students.
- Participate in the development and generation of class notes, teaching materials and practical activities.
- Be involved in the promotion of activities and programs offered by AARCOE.
- Remain up to date with technological developments in the aerospace industry and in particular, the appointee’s area of expertise.
- Monitor and self evaluate teaching performance to ensure a high standard is maintained which provides optimal student learning opportunities.
- Participate in the development, generation and continual review of class notes, and teaching material.
- Maintain records of course material delivered.
- Participate in student field excursions and their supervision.
- Be committed to maintaining current professional competence by active engagement in professional development activities whenever offered by AARCOE.
- Maintain a current knowledge of relevant industry compliance requirements for Teachers’ / trainers.
- Maintain and monitor classroom learning activities with due regard to AARCOE’s commitment to workplace health and safety.
- Undertake other duties as required by the accountable / reporting Manager and Senior Management.
- Comply with AARCOE’s requirements of:
- Work Health and Safety (WHS) legislation.
- Code of Conduct.
- Policies and Procedures.
The Instructor has the authority to:
- Maintain the personal safety of students and peer instructors involved in the delivery of training programs offered by AARCOE.
- Counsel and/or discipline students in compliance with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
Saudi Technical Instructors will meet the following basic requirements to be considered for employment withing AARC:
- At least meet GACA English level requirement with CPD to obtain IELTS 6.5 within a year.
- Appropriate academic qualifications from a recognized university to demonstrate subject matter knowledge for the subject they wish to teach, or recognized professional or technical certification/diplomas which demonstrate appropriate experience and subject matter knowledge.
- A training qualification equivalent to a Training and Assessment Certificate 4 or Diploma Year is the minimum but bachelor’s degree is highly desirable.
- At least six years of relevant professional work experience in a developed country.
- Hold qualifications licensed by GACA/EASA
- Current licencing with the General Authority of Civil Aviation of Saudi Arabia (GACA).
- Demonstrated experience within a line and/or workshop setting or as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- Previous experience (minimum of 3 years) in delivering aviation based technical training programs in the post-secondary, technical or vocational sector.
Knowledge and Skills
- Be an English native speaker OR be able to provide a recent IELTS 6.5 academic certificate (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated knowledge of education standards and how compliance against these standards is maintained and demonstrated.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation that applies to aviation training.
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation, regulations, policies and procedures, applicable preferably to a medium to large organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues through negotiation and consultation with other team members.
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to prioritise work, to deal with competing demands, manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Well developed problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong computer literacy skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications and the ability to become an effective user of new computer systems.
- Preparedness to undertake training as required.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and motivated approach to work.
- Emotionally resilient in a fast paced teaching environment.
- Ability to work both independently and within a flexible team environment.
- Ability to foster a customer focused working environment and build and maintain rapport with staff and students.
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers from diverse cultural backgrounds, displaying awareness of cross-cultural communication issues.
- Willingness and ability to demonstrate initiative and accept responsibility.
Aviation Australia Riyadh Colleg Company Overview
About IATC International Aviation Technical College In Riyadh (IATC) provides world-class aviation maintenance training and started operations in December 2014. IATC offers two main programs; General Authority of Civil Aviation for graduates who are seeking to work as aviation maintenance engineers; and the European Aviation Safety Agency Curriculum in Mechanical and Avionics delivered to students from the Royal Saudi Air Force. IATC is situated within the airport precinct at King Khaled international airport. The college provides an employment focussed aviation training capability in partnership with the Colleges of Excellence (COE) and the Technical Vocational Training Corporation (TVTC). IATC caters for the growing demand for work ready aviation graduates within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Training is conducted on campus at the TVTC, purpose-built aviation theory and practical training facility. IATC places an emphasis on students developing industry-relevant knowledge, practical skills and professionalism. Our objective is to ensure that throughout their basic training graduates develop an appropriate aviation safety culture with the work ethic and professional attitudes necessary to contribute positively to the aviation sector within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The IATC values of Safety, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork underpin this objective and our staff model these values to our students. The Diploma The first year consists of intensive English and Information Technology training, followed by two years of technical theory and practical training where students work on real and simulated aircraft, engines and components. Complying with industry standards the entire diploma is delivered in English. Our Vision IATC will be the leading civil and defense aviation training provider in the Gulf. Our Mission To supply the Gulf aviation sector with highly skilled, motivated and dependable graduates.