- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Job ID
Bursar job at Aviation Institute of Maintenance in Charlotte NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM) - Our Company commenced operations in 1969 and the first aviation maintenance campus opened in 1992 in Norfolk, VA. All AIM schools are approved by the Federal Aviation Administration. Over the past 25 years, this group of schools has expanded to eleven campuses throughout the country in locations such as: Las Vegas, Nevada; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Kansas City, Missouri; Houston, Texas; Indianapolis, Indiana, and the metro areas of San Francisco, California; Orlando, Florida; Atlanta, Georgia; Dallas, Texas; Washington, DC; and Virginia Beach, Virginia, where our corporate offices are also located. We will be opening a new campus in Charlotte, NC the beginning of 2019.
At AIM we are always looking for qualified and experienced individuals to use their skills on our campuses on behalf of the future workforce in the aviation maintenance industry. We currently have an opening for a Bursar at our Charlotte, NC campus.
Aviation Institute of Maintenance is seeking a customer service oriented individual with accounting and bookkeeping skills. Successful candidate must be able to work evening hours. Experience with CampusVue a plus.
- Record and provide a receipt for all money collected.
- Track all Cash Paying Students student payments and send out monthly statement.
- Perform, invoice, and receipt all 3rd Party Billing.
- Perform and track all Student Tuition Billing Methods and Book Charging to student's ledger card.
- Monitor Student Account Balance- Negative Balance Report.
- Process all necessary paper work for refund calculations.
- Perform Bursar Exit Counseling and all Student Account Closeout procedures.
- Process all Account payables weekly.
- Order all supplies for campus.
- High School Diploma or GED, or equitable on?the?job experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or relevant field preferred, but not required.
- Minimum two (2) years financial or accounting experience, preferably in an academic environment.
- Proven, excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with a diverse employee and student population.
- Must be highly organized, able to multitask, and be a self?starter who can work independently and with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Position requires business aptitude, math skills, and strong work ethic.
- Strong student?centered focus; commitment to student satisfaction and success.
- Effective problem?solving and decision making abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong MS Word, Excel, Outlook skills; prefer CampusVue experience
If you have such prior experience and meet the above qualifications, then call me at (757) 456-5065 and ask to speak to J Y Schoonmaker. Telephone me first! We need to hire someone that can readily communicate over the phone and is a good leader.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Aviation Institute of Maintenance Company Overview
The Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM) is part of a successful group of companies, which first began in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1969. We have maintained a tradition of excellence in education throughout our expansion of aviation career schools over more than four decades.