Career Services Coordinator Featured
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Job ID
Career Services Coordinator job at Aviation Institute of Maintenance in Charlotte NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM) - Our Company commenced operations in 1969 and the first aviation maintenance campus opened in 1992 in Norfolk, VA. All AIM schools are approved by the Federal Aviation Administration. Over the past 25 years, this group of schools has expanded to eleven campuses throughout the country in locations such as: Las Vegas, Nevada; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Kansas City, Missouri; Houston, Texas; Indianapolis, Indiana, and the metro areas of San Francisco, California; Orlando, Florida; Atlanta, Georgia; Dallas, Texas; Washington, DC; and Virginia Beach, Virginia, where our corporate offices are also located. We will be opening a new campus in Charlotte, NC the beginning of 2019.
At AIM we are always looking for qualified and experienced individuals to pass along their skills at our campuses to the future workforce in the aviation maintenance industry. We currently have an opening for a Career Services Coordinator at our Charlotte, NC campus.
This position is a perfect opportunity for an experienced Career Services individual who is passionate about working with students and helping them to succeed.
- Assist pending and recent graduates with career placement efforts according to company policies and procedures, state and federal regulations, and accrediting agencies' standards and requirements
- Organize career development workshops for students (i.e. resume writing, job search/interview skills, etc.)
- Organize career events and employer events
- Cultivate partnerships with the local business community
- Create an ever-growing network with employers with whom graduates may interview with
- Complete reports as required by the company, state, federal, and accrediting agencies
Qualifications/ Requirements/ Experience:
- Must have Associate's degree in Education, Psychology, Sociology, Counseling, Human Services or related field
- Must have a minimum of 2 years' experience in placement/recruiting, career counseling
- Prefer 1+ years of experience in a marketing and sales environment
- Prefer experience in Aviation industry
If you have such prior experience and meet the above qualifications, then call me at (757) 456-5065 and ask to speak to J Y Schoonmaker. Telephone me first! We need to hire someone that can readily communicate over the phone and is a good leader.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Aviation Institute of Maintenance Company Overview
The Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM) is part of a successful group of companies, which first began in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1969. We have maintained a tradition of excellence in education throughout our expansion of aviation career schools over more than four decades.