- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Job ID
Campus Registrar job at Aviation Institute of Maintenance in Charlotte NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM) - Our Company commenced operations in 1969 and the first aviation maintenance campus opened in 1992 in Norfolk, VA. All AIM schools are approved by the Federal Aviation Administration. Over the past 25 years, this group of schools has expanded to eleven campuses throughout the country in locations such as: Las Vegas, Nevada; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Kansas City, Missouri; Houston, Texas; Indianapolis, Indiana, and the metro areas of San Francisco, California; Orlando, Florida; Atlanta, Georgia; Dallas, Texas; Washington, DC; and Virginia Beach, Virginia, where our corporate offices are also located. We will be opening a new campus in Charlotte, NC the beginning of 2019.
At AIM we are always looking for qualified and experienced individuals to direct and assist new students with enrolling in our schools, and currently have an opening for a Campus Registrar at our Charlotte, NC campus.
This position is a perfect opportunity for an experienced Registrar individual who is passionate about working with students and helping them to succeed. We are looking for positive, energetic and outgoing individuals with a strong customer service focus to assist our students in registering for the correct classes, attaining the necessary textbooks for courses, maintaining their schedules, grades, attendance, transcripts, and other documents, and staying in good academic standing.
- Enroll student from completed enrollment folder
- Ensure the Enrollment Agreement is correct during the re-enrollment of a student
- Build classes, schedule student, issue student schedule & report cards
- Build instructor attendance rosters and folders
- Ensure all grades are posted at the end of each grading period
- Ensure all attendance is posted daily
- Make student data changes, i.e., status changes, grad date changes, address changes
- Post statuses of grads, pending grads, cancels, no show, etc.
- Run Registrar reports as described in the Registrar Policies & Procedures
- Perform SAP calculations at the end of each quarter/semester
- Reconcile Incomplete grades in the time-frame prescribed in the school catalog
- Reconcile files for grads, drops, etc.
- Ensure scanning of student file is complete
- Prepare Delegated portion of Directors Report
- Make graduate certificates/diplomas/degrees
- Collate book orders and coordinate with corporate office for ordering and/or assist students in ordering
Qualifications, Education and/or Experiences:
- Must have High School Diploma or GED, or equitable on-the-job experience
- Must be highly organized, able to multitask, and work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, including some evening hours
- Prefer Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Business
- Prefer a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in an academic environment
If you have such prior experience and meet the above qualifications, then call me at (757) 456-5065 and ask to speak to J Y Schoonmaker. Telephone me first! We need to hire someone that can readily communicate over the phone and is a good leader.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Aviation Institute of Maintenance Company Overview
The Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM) is part of a successful group of companies, which first began in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1969. We have maintained a tradition of excellence in education throughout our expansion of aviation career schools over more than four decades.