Campus Director of Aviation Education Urgent
- Teterboro, New Jersey
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Campus Director of Aviation Education job at Aviation Institute of Maintenance in Teterboro NJ
Description, duties, responsibilities
Are you looking for a challenging and meaningful career? Then it is time to take your years of knowledge and experience and TRAIN TOMORROW’S TECHNICIANS at the Teterboro School of Aeronautics!
Teterboro School of Aeronautics, first established in 1947, has now joined the largest family of FAA approved Part 147 aviation maintenance schools in the country, the Aviation Institute of Maintenance! AIM trains more FAA licensed aircraft mechanics than anyone else in the world, and is excited for the new venture in New Jersey! For the past 25 years, we have expanded to over a dozen campuses throughout the country and we are continuing to broaden our horizons! Our schools have close relationships with airlines such as Delta, United, Republic, and others, in addition to smaller airlines and MRO’s.
AIM is currently pursuing a highly qualified individual with a creative and outgoing personality to assist in the development and training of future Aviation Maintenance Technicians to prepare them for careers in America’s aviation industry. This position is perfect for candidates who are passionate about improving instructional resources and performance, and who can communicate effectively with both professors and corporate directors.
We currently have an opening for a Director of Education at our Teterboro, NJ campus.
- Supervising all instructors and education support staff on campus
- Serving as the liaison between the campus and the corporate program directors who manage education
- Auditing all school curricula to ensure that instructors are using the most up-to-date syllabi
- Act as the campus point of contact with the FAA FSDO office
- Responsible for all FAA related reporting criteria and requirements from the FAA Operations Manual
- Assisting with the organization and facilitation of all Program Advisory Committee meetings
- Facilitating ongoing instructor development with educational personnel
- Medical Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 2 weeks of annual vacation plus holidays and paid time off
- Educational Assistance
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- MUST have an FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic certification and be very familiar with the A&P certification process
- MUST be able to work flexible hours, including evening or weekends
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- CampusVue and SharePoint experience a plus
- Experience in private-for-profit college education highly desirable
Aviation Institute of Maintenance Company Overview
The Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM) is part of a successful group of companies, which first began in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1969. We have maintained a tradition of excellence in education throughout our expansion of aviation career schools over more than four decades.