Director of Education Urgent
- Chesapeake, Virginia
- Job ID
Director of Education job at Aviation Institute of Maintenance in Chesapeake VA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM) - Our Company commenced operations in 1969 and the first aviation maintenance campus opened in 1992 in Norfolk, VA. All AIM schools are approved by the Federal Aviation Administration. Over the past 25 years, this group of schools has expanded to eleven campuses throughout the country in locations such as: Las Vegas, Nevada; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Kansas City, Missouri; Houston, Texas; Indianapolis, Indiana; the metro areas of San Francisco, California; Orlando, Florida; Atlanta, Georgia; Dallas, Texas; Washington, DC; and Virginia Beach, Virginia, where our corporate offices are also located.
At AIM we are always looking for qualified and experienced individuals to pass along their skills at our campuses to the future workforce in the aviation maintenance industry. We currently have an opening for a Director of Education at our Chesapeake, VA campus.
This position is perfect for candidates who are passionate about improving instructional resources and performance, and who can communicate effectively with both professors and corporate directors.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Must have an FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic certification and be very familiar with the A&P certification process
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Campus Vue and SharePoint experience a plus
- Experience in private-for-profit college education highly desirable
- Must be a self-starting problem solver, able to work both as a contributor and an effective leader.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evening or weekends
- Supervising all instructors and education support staff on campus
- Serving as the liaison between the campus and the corporate program directors who manage education
- Auditing all school curricula to ensure that instructors are using the most up-to-date syllabi
- Act as the campus point of contact with the FAA FSDO office
- Responsible for all FAA related reporting criteria and requirements from the FAA Operations Manual
- Semi-annually reporting on instructor performance
- Conducting classroom observations, substituting as instructor as needed
- Creating, monitoring and updating Faculty Personnel Report for each instructor
- Assisting with the organization and facilitation of all Program Advisory Committee meetings
- Facilitating ongoing instructor development with educational personnel
If you have the prior experience and meet the above qualifications, then call me first at (757) 363-2121, and ask to speak to B. E. Groom.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Aviation Institute of Maintenance Company Overview
The Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM) is part of a successful group of companies, which first began in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1969. We have maintained a tradition of excellence in education throughout our expansion of aviation career schools over more than four decades.