Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM) - Our Company commenced operations in 1969 and the first aviation maintenance campus opened in 1992 in Norfolk, VA. All AIM schools are approved by the Federal Aviation Administration. Over the past 25 years, this group of schools has expanded to eleven campuses throughout the country in locations such as: Las Vegas, Nevada; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Kansas City, Missouri; Houston, Texas; Indianapolis, Indiana, and the metro areas of San Francisco, California; Orlando, Florida; Atlanta, Georgia; Dallas, Texas; Washington, DC; and Virginia Beach, Virginia, where our corporate offices are also located.
At AIM , we are always looking for qualified and experienced individuals that can pass along their skills at our campuses to future Aviation Maintenance Technicians to prepare them for a career in the aviation industry. We currently have an opening for an Education Coordinator at our Irving, TX campus.
- Serve as the liaison between the Aviation Maintenance Program and the Director of Education.
- Serve as an Instructor when class size, or instructor absence, necessitates.
- Audit all Aviation Maintenance Program curricula to ensure that instructors are using the most current syllabi, lesson plans, and textbooks as indicated on the intranet site.
- Ensure that the Aviation Program operates in compliance with the regulatory agencies governing our schools.
- Provide academic advising services to Aviation Maintenance Program students.
- Conduct formal classroom and shop observations, and report to the Director of Education.
- Conduct Student Evaluation of Instruction surveys, and submit results to the Director of Education.
- Conduct Faculty Meetings as directed by the Director of Education. Submit minutes from each meeting held.
- Take an active role in the interview process for new instructors
- Assist the Director of Education in the creation, monitoring, and updating of FacultyPersonnel Report (FPR) for each Aviation Maintenance Technology Instructor.
- Assist the Director of Education in the creation, monitoring, and updating of Staff Personnel
- Report (SPR) for each Aviation Maintenance instructional team member.
- Ensure supplies and materials are purchased, and in place for required class projects.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and other workplace safety regulatory agencies.
- Monitor student performance on required projects to ensure proper completion and compliance with the Aviation Maintenance Curriculum. Report any deficiencies to the Instructor and to the Director of Education.
- Work with the Director of Education to design and fabricate training aids that will help meet the requirements of the Aviation Maintenance Curriculum.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have an FAA A&P License
- Must have at least four years of hands-on experience within the last 10 years in Aviation Maintenance repair and installation .
- At least three years teaching experience is preferred but not required.
- Appropriate educational administration experience and competence necessary to lead and manage the school’s instructional program(s).
If you have such prior experience and meet the above qualifications, then call me at (214) 333-9711, and ask to speak to R. E. Manuel, Campus Director. Telephone me first! We need to hire someone that can readily communicate over the phone and is a good leader.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Education Coordinator job at Aviation Institute of Maintenance
Apply for this Education Coordinator position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!