Aviation Maintenance Instructor
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Aviation Maintenance Instructor job at Aviation Institute of Maintenance in Kansas City MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
Are you looking for a challenging and meaningful career? Then it is time to take your years of knowledge and experience and TRAIN TOMORROW’S TECHNICIANS at the Aviation Institute of Maintenance in Kansas City, MO.
Over the past 25 years, we have expanded to over a dozen campuses throughout the country, creating the world’s largest family of FAA approved Part 147 aviation maintenance schools. Our schools have close relationships with airlines such as Delta, United, Allegiant, Republic, and others, in addition to smaller airlines and MRO’s. At AIM, we train more FAA licensed aircraft mechanics than anyone else in the world and are only continuing to broaden our horizons.
AIM is currently pursuing highly qualified instructors with creative and outgoing personalities to develop, train, and pass along their skills to future Aviation Maintenance Technicians and prepare them for careers in America’s aviation industry. This position is a perfect opportunity for an experienced A&P Mechanic looking to take the next step in their education career path and impact the future of the Aviation industry.
This position is a perfect opportunity for an experienced Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic looking to take the next step in their education career path and impact the future of the Aviation industry.
We currently have openings for A&P Maintenance Instructors to help teach our growing group of students here at our Kansas City, MO campus.
- Teach classes on a regularly scheduled basis
- Establish and maintain academic and attendance records
- Submit attendance, grades, student evaluation, and all other required documentation and reports per established procedures
- Actively utilize proven student retention techniques approved by the school
- Attend in?service training seminar, as required
- Complete performance-based teacher education modules as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must have an FAA A&P License.
- Must have 3 or more years of hands-on experience in aircraft maintenance (special considerations will be given for more diverse experience).
- Prefer prior instructional experience.
- Medical Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 2 weeks of annual vacation plus holidays and paid time off
- Educational Assistance
Aviation Institute of Maintenance Company Overview
The Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM) is part of a successful group of companies, which first began in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1969. We have maintained a tradition of excellence in education throughout our expansion of aviation career schools over more than four decades.