Aerospace General Manager Hot
- Ronkonkoma, New York
- Job ID
Aerospace General Manager job at Aviation Structure Repairs in Ronkonkoma NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Were looking for a General Manager for one of our clients. All candidates must have prior aerospace manufacturing experience.
- Will manage production flow.
- Participate as lead staff member responsible for operation and performance.
- Provide overall leadership and direction to direct reports responsible for all aspects of manufacturing.
- Lead multi-disciplined plant teams in meeting to establish monthly forecasts as well as all associated business metrics from a continuous improvement perspective.
- Develop and provide strategic manufacturing direction and planning for 1-3 year planning horizon utilizing lean manufacturing techniques automation and Kaizen disciplines.
- Participate in the operational budget preparation and coordinate capital plans appropriation requests and project follow up.
- Implement quarter-over-quarter improvement strategies to increase efficiency spend performance customer delivery and plant safety performance.
- Manage the day-to-day manufacturing process activities to assure that safety and best practices are maximized.
- Analyze and implement process flow inventory and velocity improvements throughout the entire value stream system which includes key supplier base and outside vendors.
- Monitors and manages the production workflow and inventory levels to ensure that production schedules are met and bottlenecks are identified and corrected.
- Interfaces with union plant committee; maintains compliance with collective bargaining agreement.
- Interfaces with a variety of functional areas such as Planning Sales Quality Engineering and Finance to ensure cooperative spirit continuous improvement initiatives and customer satisfaction are continually enhanced
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 10 years of manufacturing experience.
- 5 years experience in a leadership capacity within manufacturing/operations and with all facets of business operations.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution in the following disciplines: Industrial/Manufacturing Aerospace Robotic/Automation.
- Six Sigma Black Belt and/or Lean Manufacturing certifications.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Knowledge of MS Office and Excel excellent written and oral communication skills able to work in a self-directed or team environment and have good organizational skills.
Aviation Structure Repairs Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.