QC NDI Technician Urgent
- Everett, Washington
- Job ID
QC NDI Technician job at Aviation Technical Services in Everett WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
SUMMARY: Responsible for performing Non Destructive Testing utilizing liquid penetrants, magnetic particle, Eddy current and ultrasonic techniques as certified, (FARS, RSM, SBs, ADs, etc). Evaluates inspection data, interprets Inspection findings/results, and records inspection results on approved documents. Works under general supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties include the following items:
- Accomplish in-house examination of the aircraft using dye-penetrant, magnetic particle, eddy current and ultra sonic inspection methods.
- Inspections must be accomplished in accordance with ATS, customer, and FAA requirements.
- Authorized to make acceptance or rejection determinations.
- Provide guidance to quality control and maintenance personnel in regard to technical and procedural issues when appropriate.
- Maintain equipment. Set up and calibrate equipment.
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
- To be certified as a Level I or II every three years by a level III.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Performs in-process inspections of work performed e.g. corrosion, crack containment, etc. as requested.
Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that you are provided with full information on your area specific safety issues, all unique hazards are identified, and you are provided with the proper equipment to carry out your job in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be maintained to a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported to your supervisor or manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Familiar with and knowledgeable in the use of inspection tools used in determining tolerances, specifications and processes.
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions.
- Ability to understand the principles behind non-destructive testing and the processes used to perform such tests.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Successful completion of formal training in non-destructive inspection by an accredited college, university and/or vocational training school and six month w/A&P or eighteen months of aircraft related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must obtain and maintain certification(s) of a level I or II in at least one discipline.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up. The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and ability to work in confined spaces.
The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The noise level in this work environment is usually high. May occasionally work near moving mechanical parts in high, precarious places and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
This job description is not a contract for employment and either party may terminate employment at anytime. The job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job description at anytime.
Visit us for a current list of available positions and additional application instructions at www.ats.goodrich.com and please reference Avjobs when applying.
This Job Report is to be considered - Newsworthy Aviation Employment Information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the Job Report Network. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this company's web site for additional details and information.
Aviation Technical Services Company Overview
Aviation Technical Services (ATS) has been providing maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services for commercial and military aircraft for more than 45 years. Today, ATS is home to more than 1,500 employees who work together to support a global customer base across four major business platforms: Airframe Services; Components Services; Engineering Services; and Alternate Solutions. ATS is headquartered in Everett, Washington, and has expanded operations to Moses Lake, Washington, Kansas City, Missouri, and Fort Worth, Texas. Operating as one company and holding FAA Class IV and EASA 145 certifications, ATS is able to work on virtually any transport aircraft in the world. In 2016, ATS was named Aviation Week’s MRO of the Year. For more information, visit atsmro.com.