Airport Manager Featured
- Berwyn, Illinois
- Job ID
Airport Manager job at Avis Budget Group in Berwyn IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
As an Airport Manager youll oversee all activities at our airport location and ensure were running smoothly and profitably with satisfied customers and employees alike.
What youll do:
- Manage all activities at an airport related to servicing of customers at the rental counter and arranging for the rental of vehicles the selling of incremental products to customers and the cleaning and preparation of returned vehicles for the next rental
- Manage plan and implement staffing schedules based on business demands and transaction levels and oversee exempt and nonexempt personnel
- Oversee shuttling of customers from rental counters to cars or from cars to airline terminal
- Ensure customer complaints are handled and resolved in a timely and effective manner
- Provide statistical information relating to transaction and revenue projects
- Assist management in the preparation of annual budget
- Monitor the price of gasoline charges currently being paid
- Implement HR policies
What were looking for:
- BA/BS - Bachelors Degree or equivalent required
- 1 + years of leadership and management experience
- Experience in car/truck rental preferred human resources training customer service and general operations.
- Working knowledge of P&L
- Strong decision making ability and independent judgment to establish operational plans within operational guidelines and in support of the business plan.
- Strong analytical and math skills. Must be able to review numerous reports and other sources of data in an effort to determine best course of action.
- Excellent management skills. Must be able to provide direction and support to a large number staff
- Very strong communication skills including the ability to clearly articulate company vision as well as communicate accurate day-to-day operations information to a wide variety of audiences including staff operations management independent contractors and vendors.
- Very strong organization and administration skills to ensure day to day smooth operations with detailed accurate records.
- Strong time-management and multi-tasking skills with the capability to determine priorities in a fast paced changing environment.
- Strong customer service skills. Must be able to provide good customer service directly to customers and prioritize operations based on customer rental needs.
- Strong problem-solving skills and results-driven orientation. Ability to demonstrate the drive to achieve results and continuous improvement. Ability to manage performance of staff to drive district results.
- Working knowledge of MS Office BART and O2
- Willingness to travel
Perks Youll Get:
- Access to Medical Dental Vision Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Auto Insurance Group Home Insurance Pet Insurance Legal Assistance Identity Theft Protection FSA Accident Insurance Critical Illness Insurance and additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling financial and legal consultation referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Glad you asked! Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility options with brands including Avis Budget and Budget Truck and Zipcar. With more than 70 years of experience and 11000 locations in 180 countries we are shaping the future of our industry and want you to join us in our mission. Apply today to get connected to an exciting career a supportive family of employees and a world of opportunities.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Avis Budget Group Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.