Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
The Product Producibility and Launch (P2L) Program Engineer provides design expertise and leadership to programs in the areas of Design For Manufacturability (DFM), Design For Testability (DFT), Design To Unit Production Cost (DTUPC), and Transition to Production (TTP). The P2L Program Engineer will report to the P2L Capability Group (CG) Director, within the ES Defense Hardware Engineering Organization. On programs, the P2L Program Engineer will report to the Project Technical Lead (PTL) and will be a leadership peer with the Hardware Manager, Operations Program Manager (OPM), Systems Engineering Manager (SEM), Software Manager, and Integrated Test Engineering (ITE) Lead. In this role, the P2L Program Engineer serves as the programs P2L lead and focal point and is charged with providing technical leadership, support, and direction for new product designs intended to be transitioned into Operations from Engineering. Focusing on affordability and producibility activities early in the design process, the P2L Engineer will help drive technology trends into our factories to maximize design flexibility, increase manufacturing capability, and lower production costs. Core responsibilities include:
· The P2L Program Lead Engineer is a "Design for Excellence" (DFX) practitioner versed in DFM, DFT, DTUPC and Transition to Production (TTP) methods, tools, and best practices
· Serves as the Programs P2L CG Lead / focal point and coordinates all necessary P2L CG program staffing needs to include P2L Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), P2L Engineers resident to other CGs, and Technical Operations - Factory Process Leads
· Responsible Engineer for providing P2L CG design expertise on hardware products including participation in all internal design reviews and architecture review boards
· Drives producible product architecture early in the product life cycle providing a "Left Shift" mentality to engage DFM, DFT and DTUPC compliance.
· Provides program expertise in the areas of Manufacturing Readiness Assessments (MRAs) as well as Production Readiness Reviews (PRRs)
· Responsible for following the Systems, Hardware, and ITE Engineering processes. Promotes the use of design guidelines during product development
· Serves as conduit to necessary Operations staffing to include Advanced Manufacturing, Process/Test Engineering, and Product Engineering. Also provides technical support for rapid prototyping
· Collaborates on Make/Buy decisions consistent with the Manufacturing Realization Strategy and Factory Capability Matrix
· Ensures preferred part and supplier selection alignment with supply chain strategy.
· Utilizes Design to Cost (DTC) based on a Price-to-Win as a methodology to drive designs to converge on cost instead of allowing cost to converge on design
· Understands design margins and predict factory and supplier yields through CpK analysis
· Participates in proposal and cost estimating activities related to P2L CG activities
Minimum Education And Experience
Bachelors Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills And Education
· Capable of leading P2L efforts on small / medium program teams
· Strong background in Design To Unit Production Cost (DTUPC) process and principles
· Strong background in product development, DFM, DFT, New Product Introduction (NPI) to rate manufacturing, manufacturing process, and manufacturing readiness
· Practical understanding of product development and the DoD product development lifecycle
· Strong background in engineering and manufacturing principles
· Manufacturing and test experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Product Producibility and Launch (P2L) Program Engineer
Wayne, New Jersey
EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Please sign in to apply for this job.