Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Operations Support Technician
Rockwell Collins IMS has revolutionized the way airports, airlines, and travel operators move passengers and baggage to their destinations. We offer unparalleled expertise in shared systems and networking-integrating the entire airport enterprise for check-in and boarding, baggage handling, passenger self-service check-in, and other important functions. As the benchmark for common-use passenger technologies, we help airports reduce costs, improve service, and strengthen security.
The Operations Support Technician acts as the primary contact for support and service requests that arrive from airline and airport customers and 1st line Service and Support contractors. An Operations Support Technician is responsible for completing operational support tasks assigned to them by the Manager according to the priorities of the tasks assigned and the applicable service levels. The Operations Support Technician should have an understanding of the processes of operation and the support processes that back up these operations. The Operations Support Technician role requires a calm and effective communicator with excellent customer service skills, a good telephone manner, and an ability to work under pressure. They will communicate with various other departments and teams within the department to coordinate support and service requests and provide feedback in relation to the progress of outstanding issues.
- To establish and maintain productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned Customer accounts.
- To create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all clients, staff and contractors in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and to enable users to become more self-sufficient.
- To provide the manager with updates on the progress of their own work and any further information that may be required by the Manager.
- To monitor and evaluate 3rd party service contractors, liaise with HoSS to highlight and rectify any service delivery lapses or reductions in performance levels.
- To communicate in a calm and effective manner to allow the collection of correct and useful operational data from in-bound calls.
- To communicate in a clear and concise manner to allow level 1 operatives in the field and staff from other departments to remotely conduct remedial and upgrade tests and activities.
- To devise, conduct, record and disseminate information from test scenarios made within the staging test area.
- To attend bi-yearly reviews with the Manager to be used as supporting evidence for individual reviews carried out by the Company.
- To prioritise and manage their own workload according to customer impact and severity as dictated by HoSS.
- To assist in the production, management and dissemination of standard and custom operational reports as required.
- To assist in the research and development of new processes and the application of those processes into our existing products.
- To assist customers in the use and operation of the customer portal areas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to understand and prioritise information from various sources
- Ability to work to a deadline
- Ability to work as part of a team with shared responsibilities
- Understanding of SQL
- Understanding of airport processes
- Knowledge of MS Office suite
- Knowledge of basic computing hardware
- Familiarity with helpdesk interfacesRequired Experience
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Creative problem solving
- Methodical and thorough
- Team work and communication
Operations Support Technician job at BE Aerospace
Apply for this Operations Support Technician position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.