Engineer Materials Science Metallurgy Mechanical Or Aerospace Hot
- Irving, Texas
- Job ID
Engineer Materials Science Metallurgy Mechanical Or Aerospace job at BP Aero in Irving TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
At BP Aero Services (BP Aero) we hire train develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine and Industrial space working with the airlines engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE Pratt and Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business in Irving TX and we have been in business since 2010. We offer a family style environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the BP Aero family and watch your career soar!
BP Aero is looking for an engineer for our Irving TX facility. Please apply if you meet all of the qualifications and have a strong background in manufacturing and process engineering to include technical documentation skills and tooling design.
- Requires an ENGINEERING degree in Materials Science Metallurgy Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of manufacturing plant or project engineering experience and proven ability to combine theoretical training with practical experience in a "hands-on" environment.
- Must have thermal spray coatings application development experience as well as tooling development and CAD experience with the ability to set-up and manage a small metallurgy lab and masking for overspray department.
- Demonstrated knowledge of application and evaluation of the quality of thermal spray coatings for aerospace and industrial components.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to complete multiple projects independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in creating tooling and fixtures for manufacturing.
- Must be proficient in robot programming. Experience with ABB robots preferred. Must have personal computer proficiency business administration know-how and a working knowledge of quality control systems. Six Sigma trained green belt or black belt preferred.
- Must be able to communicate ideas orally and in writing with manufacturing teams and interact with all levels of Company personnel as well as with contractors suppliers and customers.
- Experience in SolidWorks Robot Studio Robo Design Mastercam Thermal spray application Six Sigma process management and root cause analysis.
- Spends 50% or more of the time in new product and tooling introductions.
- Organizes and creates documentation necessary for new applications including job instructions job routers job safety analyses standard operating procedures etc.
- Supports manufacturing variance analysis. Also responsible for interpretation of customer specification and blueprints associated with new and existing applications.
- Works with Quality organization to identify and eliminate process variables that contribute to defects and achieve acceptable first pass yield.
- Works as integral team member on productivity projects utilizing Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma practices.
- Monitors and documents all aspects of spending capital and expenses relating to all projects processes repairs and improvements that are implemented by incumbent.
- Maintains an expertise with the process equipment in Operations. Develops process parameters necessary to set up new applications with an emphasis on repeatable and efficient processes.
BP Aero is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. Employment opportunities at BP Aero are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience knowledge skills and abilities. BP Aero complies with all applicable federal state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.
BP Aero Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.