Principal Engineer Cyber Technologies For Avionics Hot
- Fairborn, Ohio
- Job ID
Principal Engineer Cyber Technologies For Avionics job at Ball in Fairborn OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
A current active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions enable more accurate weather forecasts drive insightful observations of our planet deliver actionable data and intelligence and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information visit or connect with us on or .
The Systems Engineering Solutions Strategic Business Unit provides advanced systems engineering and technology applications for intelligence and information enterprises. These applications and solutions deliver enterprise data management data analytics modeling and simulation and technology assessment capabilities that are used to create products that offer actionable information in support of warfighters and decision makers.
Engineer Principal Cyber Technologies for Avionics
In this position you will work with our avionics cyber team to provide technical leadership and hands-on execution to develop critical cyber security capabilities for avionics systems. This team investigates develops matures prototypes and demonstrates technologies for assessment mitigations protections of avionics systems against cyber-attack. We are looking a lead engineer with embedded/low level development experience to join our team and make a significant impact to the future of cyber security in Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) such as avionics.
What Youll Do:
- This position will provide subject matter expertise in defensive cyber security solutions for Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) such as avionics. Youll work on a joint Government-contractor team to define specific project requirements scope and constraints; architect cyber security solutions associated with real-time embedded avionics platforms; and design develop and integrate cyber security solutions into laboratory and operational environments.
- Major responsibilities include:
- Collaborate closely with government and engineering teams to conceive and develop innovative reverse engineering cyber assessment mitigations and protections technologies to provide cyber security solutions for avionics systems
- Provide subject matter expertise of existing avionics technologies
- Provide technical leadership and hands-on execution for the development of cyber security solutions.
- Develop/modify embedded software for avionics and related systems.
- Perform full software life cycle functions including software/firmware requirements architecture design code test integration and documentation.
- Develop strong customer relationships understand customer needs and connect needs with Balls technology capabilities.
- Coordinate and identify improvements in laboratory CI/CD processes and tools.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department the Strategic Business Units/Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What Youll Need:
- BS in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree i.e. Masters Degree or Ph.D. may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university college or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education US Department of Education.
- Degree in Computer Engineering preferred.
- Successful applicant mustbe eligible to obtain and maintain an active security clearance
- Experience developing integrating and testing low level or embedded software. (MIL-STD-1553 ARINC 429 etc)
- Experience programming in C/C++.
- Experience programming assembly language preferably PowerPC x86 and/or ARM.
- Experience developing boot loaders device drivers board support packages kernel level development etc
- Experience with real-time operating systems including Green Hills Integrity VxWorks QNX embedded Linux or other RTOS preferred.
- Experience using tools such as IDAPro JTAG and disassemblers.
- Experience with formal software development processes CI/CD
- Excellent technical writing and team skills.
- Experience developing machine emulators is desired
- Work is performed in an office laboratory production floor or clean room outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Current Clearance Required:
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available/ notavailable.
Compensation and Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $142000- $179000(Salary to be determined by the education experience knowledge skills and abilities of the applicant internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIPIS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex pregnancy sexual orientation gender identity national origin age protected veteran status or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Dayton
Ball Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.