Embedded Sw Engineer Ii Cyber Mitigations For Avionics Featured
- Fairborn, Ohio
- Job ID
Embedded Sw Engineer Ii Cyber Mitigations For Avionics job at Ball Corporation in Fairborn OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions enable more accurate weather forecasts drive insightful observations of our planet deliver actionable data and intelligence and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn Facebook Twitter or Instagram.
The Systems Engineering Solutions Strategic Business Unit provides advanced systems engineering and technology applications for intelligence and information enterprises. These applications and solutions deliver enterprise data management data analytics modeling and simulation and technology assessment capabilities that are used to create products that offer actionable information in support of warfighters and decision makers.
Embedded Software Engineer II - Cyber Mitigations for Avionics
In this position you will work with our avionics cyber team to develop and integrate innovative cyber mitigation technology into avionics systems. Our innovative approach has attracted attention yielding funding for additional avionics systems and the expectations of continued growth. We are looking for engineers with embedded/low level development experience to join our team and make a significant impact on avionics cyber security.
What Youll Do:
- Work with a team of engineers to define specific project requirements scope and constraints
- Work with a team of engineers to design develop and integrate cyber mitigations approaches for aircraft avionics systems.
- Develop/modify embedded software for avionics and related systems.
- Design and develop extensions to custom tools for mitigating avionics cyber-attacks.
- Perform full software life cycle functions including software/firmware requirements architecture design code test integration and documentation.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department the Strategic Business Units/Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What Youll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree i.e. Masters Degree or Ph.D. may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university college or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education US Department of Education.
- Successful applicant must be eligible to obtain and maintain an active security clearance
- Experience programming in C/C++.
- Experience developing boot loaders device drivers board support packages kernel level development etc
- Experience programming assembly language preferably PowerPC x86 and ARM.
- Experience with real-time operating systems including embedded Linux Green Hills Integrity LynxOS VxWorks QNX or other RTOS.
- Experience using tools such as IDAPro JTAG and disassemblers.
- Experience with formal software development processes.
- Excellent technical writing and team skills.
- In addition these will set you apart: Embedded avionics experience
- Work is performed in an office laboratory production floor or clean room outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex pregnancy sexual orientation gender identity national origin age protected veteran status or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Dayton
Ball Corporation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.