Senior Engineer Space Systems Simulators Featured
- Broomfield, Colorado
- Job ID
Senior Engineer Space Systems Simulators job at Ball Corporation in Broomfield CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
Clearance Requirement: A current active Top Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions enable more accurate weather forecasts drive insightful observations of our planet deliver actionable data and intelligence and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn Facebook Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers missions. Our collaborative cross-functional teams are committed to innovation integrity continual learning and strong execution.
Senior Engineer - Space Systems Simulators
Reporting to the Manager of Systems this position has responsibility for leading simulator development on a specific spacecraft program.
What youll do:
- Provide a dedicated interface to a spacecraft program including the customer peer subsystems and program management
- Maintain cost and schedule baselines with the program including earned value and contract changes
- Present simulator design at PDR/CDR as well as business reviews (IBR/BMR) and status at PMR and other internal and external program forums
- Perform Simulator integration tasks throughout the lifecycle of programs including proposals design production acceptance and on orbit operations
- Develop requirements verification and validation products necessary to sell off simulators for both internal and customer contract deliverables
- Coordinate program specific needs with the simulator product line architects and resolve cost/schedule/technical issues to the satisfaction of all users
- Provide leadership across a programs flight subsystems to integrate components into a cohesive spacecraft
- Proactively identify customer needs and find ways to make simulators part of the solutions to their problems
- Provide early identification of issues that would prevent simulators from meeting both their requirements and the customers expectations
- Additional opportunities may include: Communicate a vision of the system architecture to Ball engineers and lead multi-disciplinary teams across multiple organizations in detailed design analysis and optimization of the candidate systems and subsystem performance and operation.
- Act as mentor for several other systems engineers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What Youll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree i.e. Masters Degree or Ph.D. may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university college or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education US Department of Education.
- Advanced computer application skills such as Matlab C C++ IDL STK DOORS and other analytical tools is a strong plus.
- Experience as a technical lead in spacecraft or instrument programs or related fields.
- Experience in space hardware and software engineering is required including but not limited to: Systems architectures including both space and ground segments; flight systems design systems engineering as well as integration and test.
- Proven leadership and management skills for large and small projects.
- Excellent communication skills are essential including the ability to understand the customers needs and provide clear communication of proposed solutions to both Ball management and the customer.
- Work is performed in an office laboratory production floor or clean room outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Current Clearance Required:
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex pregnancy sexual orientation gender identity national origin age protected veteran status or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Ball Corporation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.