Burr Hand Featured
- Windsor, Connecticut
- Job ID
Burr Hand job at Barnes Group in Windsor CT
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Perform a variety of duties to burr and break edges on aircraft engine parts according to instructions contained in operation sheets.
- Work from operations sheets or instructions from parts coordinator or department supervisor.
- As outlined in operations sheets gather tools and other equipment needed to deburr parts.
- Layout abrasives and air guns required for each part or operation. If needed set-up holding devices such as rotary and hydraulic tables. Use carbide drills emery cratex and flat wheels PSA discs buffing and wire sheets and diamond files according to the operation requirements.
- Operate burr guns of different configurations or buffing machines to bring about dimensions required on operations sheets. Prepare first piece and submit along with appropriate documentation to In-Process Inspector. Inspect own work using micrometers calipers verniers GO-NOGO gage blocks and pins and visual aids.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in work area in accordance with 6S principles.
- Comply with all safety regulations including wearing required protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in aerospace or manufacturing environment.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Highly organized individual with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read operation sheets.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge (b) in furtherance of an investigation proceeding hearing or action including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Barnes Group Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.