Quality Technician 1st Shift Featured
- East Granby, Connecticut
- Job ID
Quality Technician 1st Shift job at Barnes Group in East Granby CT
Description, duties, responsibilities
Barnes Aerospace MRO East Granby has an exciting and challenging career opportunity for a Quality Technician. In this role you will perform diversified inspection duties on aircraft parts as well as cross train to learn and perform additional functions. This position requires considerable experience initiative and ingenuity and the ability to work on your own to produce the highest level of quality and productivity against established standards. You will work constructively with Engineering participate in company meetings and make effective recommendations towards improvements in processes and overall productivity. If you are a talented and self-motivated individual that enjoys a fast paced environment please submit your resume for further consideration.
- Perform a variety of duties to independently complete incoming layout first piece in-process and final inspection of diversified turbine engine components being repaired.
- Review deviations and apply fundamental engineering principles to solve technical problems in collaboration with operations and engineering team.
- Interpret repair requirements and implement repair techniques in adherence with customer industry and regulatory requirements.
- Create inspection reports based on findings. Submit report to customer &/or OEM.
- Ensure quality detailed inspection is in compliance with all applicable manuals and technical data.
- Create inspection processing documentation IAW approved technical data.
- Operate computerized measuring equipment train and assist other inspectors as required.
- Use precision measuring instruments such as dial indicators micrometers gauges ID micrometers boroscopes pi tapes etc.
- Assist in review of work instructions for adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Participate in Root Cause Corrective action process to investigate internal and external warranties.
- Mentor/Train shop floor personnel on process standards and inspection technique.
- 2+ years in aerospace environment (preferred)
- Knowledge/Practical experience in aerospace environment
- Skills Desired: strong attention to detail ability to multitask good communications skills
- Expert proficiency in the use of measuring instruments i.e. various micrometers verniers swing snap and dial gauges etc.
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints and technical documents.
- Proficient in CMM operation and programming preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of employees suppliers and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work with team environment.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Word Excel and PowerPoint; expertise in AutoCAD required.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing methodology (6-sigma 6-S Continuous Improvement) a plus.
- Bachelors in Engineering
This position is a safety sensitive position. Applicant must comply with all applicable FAA and DOT drug and alcohol testing rules.
Internal Candidate Instructions:
To be considered for the above position please submit an internal application online.
At BarnesGroup Inc career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop improve and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge (b) in furtherance of an investigation proceeding hearing or action including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Barnes Group Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.