- Bismarck, North Dakota
- Job ID
AP Mechanic job at Aero Center in Bismarck ND
Description, duties, responsibilities
Join a team of aviation professionals in a working environment that was named one of the 50 best placed to work for 4 straight years in a row! Coordinates maintenance activities to include; trouble-shooting, repairs, overhauling, modifications, operational checks, routine servicing, parts ordering, perform inspections, and completes documentation on assigned aircraft. Candidate must maintain workstation in compliance with safety, fire and security requirements, while performing miscellaneous duties as assigned. All responsibilities and tasks must be completed in accordance with manufacturers’ specification and Federal Aviation Administration regulations.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Perform preventive, routine, and 100 hour maintenance and phase/event inspections.
- Performing quality checks on airframe and powerplant systems on aircraft, service, repair and overhaul of components as needed to meet manufacturing specifications, FAR’s, and industry standards.
- Troubleshoots, inspects, tests and repairs a variety of aircraft systems in general aviation aircraft to meet manufacturing specifications, FAR’s, and industry standards.
- Perform aircraft alterations per Supplemental Type Certificates and kit installation procedures.
- Performs bench tests, repairing, or replacing defective components.
- Fabricate wire harnesses, mounting brackets, double plates, and aircraft skin repairs necessary for installation or removal of components on multiple aircraft airframes in accordance with FAA requirements.
- Accompanies flight crews to perform in-flight troubleshooting and adjustments and perform preflight evaluations of airframe and powerplant issues.
- Ensure all appropriate entries have been made and/or transcribed to the aircraft log books and technical logs with respect to the aircraft maintenance function and airworthiness status of the aircraft in accordance with FAA regulations.
- Read and understand FAA and manufacturer’s maintenance publications, to correct airframe and powerplant problems.
- Ensure that components, parts, and materials, utilized in maintaining aircraft contain release certification or equipment.
- Review or check the work products of others to ensure conformance to standards.
- Produce written documents in English with clearly organized thoughts using proper sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Job Skills Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Associates degree in aircraft maintenance preferred.
- A&P license preferred
- Preferred candidates will have 5+ years of recent experience working as an A&P.
- Previous sheet metal, fabrication or related experience preferred.
- Ability to read and understand wiring schematics and technical data.
- Detail Oriented.
- Prioritization and time management skills.
- Have strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills and team focus.
- MS Office Proficiency.
- Must be willing to work on call and occasional overtime.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Move objects weighing less than 50 pounds.
- Remain in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements.
- Must have own tools.
- Eligibility for Inspection Authorization certification.
- Background Check.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing required.
- FAA Safety Sensitive Random Drug Program.
- Must be able to obtain TSA security clearance.
- 40+ hours/week.
How to apply:
- Go to Bismarckaeo.com
- Click on the Employment tab
- Click on the position Title “A&P Maintenance Technician”
- Accurately fill in your information at the bottom
- Click on “Apply for Position”
Bismarck Aero Center Company Overview
Do you play well in the sandbox with the others? If so, we may have career opportunities that you are looking for! Our recruitment strategy requires that we choose the talent that fits well within our company culture. You must have a great work ethic, positive attitude, be accountable and must be able to work in a team. Our goal each and every day is to provide an atmosphere where we all have fun at work while working towards a common company vision. Of course, we must ensure that we are efficient with our time and we remain productive, but why not have fun and enjoy where you work at the same time? Why settle for a job when you can have a career opportunity with a continually growing organization?