Senior Manager Production Engineering Featured
- Kent, Washington
- Job ID
Senior Manager Production Engineering job at Blue Origin in Kent WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
As part of a small passionate and accomplished team of experts you will assist in the development to production transition activities for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the teams impact on all aspects of the test and production for components and subsystems integrated on rocket launch vehicles and spacecraft. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Champion the Production Engineering discipline by ensuring technical and operational excellence in multiple engineering disciplines including Production and Liaison Engineering.
- Direct personnel efforts to support the floor in assembly and installation compliance to engineering requirements discrepancy resolution and component acceptance testing
- Ensure engineering evaluations are consistent with agreed upon scope and escalated to the design authority when appropriate
- Elevate impactful root cause investigations with the quality team and the corrective action board
- Recruit hire and mentor new employees
- Primary assignment may be leading the Avionics Production Engineering team. Specialization in Avionics is not required but must have a strong desire to support Avionics functional team
- Provide technical leadership to the team:
- Embrace and support the development of a data-driven production organization
- Develop talent roadmaps to concurrently support employee career and emerging company objectives
- Provide and maintain standard process architecture execution and improvements
- Passion for Blue Origins mission: Millions of people living and working in space!
- Bachelors degree in engineering or physics discipline
- 8+ years of leadership in the aerospace industry
- Experience with Liaison Test Product Engineering or similar
- Experience with logic-linked scheduling and cost-account management risk management and configuration management
- Experience with configuration management and maintenance
- Possesses and exhibits high judgement
- Desire to work hands-on both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail and strong task ownership someone who demonstrates pride in all work and willingness to perform manual tasks when needed
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Must be willing to travel approximately 10% of the time
- Ability to earn trust maintain positive and professional relationships and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder) or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Masters degree or higher in engineering or physics discipline
- 12+ years of industry experience in integration and test of aerospace systems including 5+ years of progressive leadership
- Experience in both development and production environments
- Project management skills consistent with leading a team through the complex development to production transition phase
- Corrective Action Preventative Action (CAPA) training or certification
- Experience in small company startup or growth transition environments
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation benefits 401K and relocation.
Blue Origin is anequal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blues principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability or other protected status such as race religion color national origin sex sexual orientation gender identity genetic information pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Blue Origin Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.