Electromagnetic Effects Certified Tempest Professional Level Ii Design And Featured
- Cottage Hills, Illinois
- Job ID
Electromagnetic Effects Certified Tempest Professional Level Ii Design And job at Boeing in Cottage Hills IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Electrical Engineering Core Group is seeking Electromagnetic Effects Certified TEMPEST Professional Level II (CTP-II) Engineer - Level 5.
Candidates have the option of working out of Oklahoma City OK Saint Louis MO Albuquerque NM El Segundo CA Philadelphia PA Houston TX Huntsville AL or Mesa AZ.
The candidate will mentor coach and lead lesser experienced engineers providing knowledge transfer to aid in growing our next generation of engineers. The candidate will provide TEMPEST engineering and technical decisions for Boeing Military Aircraft Military Derivative Aircraft and other diverse projects. This position supports the TEMPEST Qualification of various Aerospace products such as Communication Systems Display Systems and Advanced Computer Systems. The position will also support the EMI/EMC qualification of products being developed throughout Boeing. ?This position is for an expert Electrical Engineering professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise. Directs activities in the discipline and represents the organization at external events. Evaluates operating systems provides technical training designs electronic components and develops implementation schedules.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to develop new solutions help grow and mentor the next generation of engineers and guide the candidates career towards the submittal of a candidacy for a position in the Technical Fellowship.
Assignments may deal with
- Reviewing supplier and partner qualification data
- Nuclear Hardening analysis and test
- EMI/C analysis and test
- EMSEC/TEMPEST analysis and test
- HIRF/Lightning analysis and test
- RF Co-Site analysis
- Antenna Coupling analysis
- Electrical Power Quality and Load analysis
- Test Automation for aircraft modifications
Other job responsibilities will include
- Conduct/lead day-to-day TEMPEST testing activities working independently on multiple projects and multiple tasks
- Support programs to generate bids work on requirements allocation (upon program award) and support the programs through System Development and Demonstration (SDD) phase of the program
- Provide TEMPEST design support to programs
- Generate and review TEMPEST Control Plans
- Generate and review TEMPEST Test Procedures
- Conduct testing or support programs which are going through TEMPEST testing
- Generate and review TEMPEST Test Report test data during the course of testing
- Applies EMI engineering technology experience to document and solve complex problems.
- Have a collaborative personality and be responsive to customer s needs and also be amenable to working with multiple customers with varying personalities on a day-to- day basis
- Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time as required
- Must have understanding and be able to apply: conversion factors correction factors antenna factors and other EMI/EMC techniques
- Operate and learn system under test and master the systems that are being tested during the course of testing
- Develops and validates requirements for various communication sensor electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems and components.
- Develops and validates electromagnetic requirements for electricalelectronic systems mechanical systems interconnects and structures.
- Develops architectures to integrate systems and components into higher level systems and platforms.
- Performs trade studies modeling simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around established requirements.
- Defines and conducts tests to validate performance of designs to requirements.
- Manages appropriate aspects of supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle by developing root-cause analysis of anomalies and other engineering support as requested.
- Supports project management by providing work statement budget schedule and other required inputs and by reporting project status.
- Writes appropriate sections of proposals to support development of new business.
- Works under consultative mentorship.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Hold a current CTP-II certification with at least 4 years of experience after receiving CTP-II certification
- Must be active in TEMPEST testing in the last 3 years and submitted TEMPEST reports for approval
- CTP-II certification must be valid for at least 1 year from the date of application of this position
- 6 years of EMI/EMC experience (over-and-above required TEMPEST experience of 4 years) for MIL-STD-461 or DO-160 specifications
- Experience developing EMI qualification test procedures and reports as well as supporting qualification testing in an EMI laboratory.
- Must possess good organizational interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Must have demonstrated a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing assigned work with a history of meeting commitments
- Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events
- Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time as required
- Highly motivated and must work well in a team environment
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
- ABET accreditation is preferred
- CTP-II should have experience and familiarity with NSTISSAM TEMPEST/1-92 specification
- CTP-II should have experience and familiarity with CNSSAM TEMPEST/01-02
- Knowledge of digital signal processing
- Experience using oscilloscopes signal generators and other test equipment needed to conduct TEMPEST tests
- Previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
- Previous experience in Electromagnetic Effects
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering computer science mathematics physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years related work experience Master+12 years related work experience). In the USA ABET accreditation is the preferred although not required accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana cocaine opioids amphetamines PCP and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Boeing Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.