Mid Level Propulsion Engineer Featured
- Seattle, Washington
- Job ID
Mid Level Propulsion Engineer job at Boeing in Seattle WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is hiring Experienced mid- Level Propulsion Engineer (Level 3) to support Propulsion System Engineering in the Puget Sound area of Washington.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) engineering designs, builds, certifies, delivers, and maintains products and services that provide superior safety, quality, and value to our airline customers. We are dedicated to safety, quality, innovation, and technical excellence in order to make our products, customers, and Boeing successful.
Our Propulsion Organization is a world-class team of over 1000 engineers supporting our customers across the product life-cycle from product development to certification to fleet support. Our core organization supports all programs and ensures functional excellence, while our integrated Product Teams are co-located and support specific airplane programs. Our engineers share a passion to redefine what’s possible. To turn dreams into reality. To bring world-class innovation to market. Join us in Propulsion Systems Engineering and you can design our next generation of amazing products. Whether your engineering expertise in Propulsion are Systems Integration, auxiliary power systems, vehicle fuel and tank systems, software, Controls or Flight sciences, we have opportunities for you to learn, grow and contribute.
A level 3 engineering role within our organization is someone that acts independently to determine and develop approaches to solutions, has general knowledge of other related disciplines, and interacts frequently with inter-organizational personnel and external customers. Responsibilities will require you to develop solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
This requisition is targeting Engineers with relevant skills and job experience to be utilized within our Propulsion Organization. Qualified candidates will be brought into the organization and hired into open positions within Propulsion based on their skills, strengths, capabilities and interests.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
- Candidate will be required to work extensively with other engineering disciplines and propulsion system suppliers/ industry partners.
- Contribute to definition of requirements for propulsion systems, auxiliary power systems and vehicle fuel and tank systems.
- Contribute to development of specifications, architectural and configuration concepts for associated vehicle systems to meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- Supports design and development of concepts for future propulsion systems.
- Supports use of various testing, analysis, modeling and simulation tools to estimate or calculate system performance.
- Supports definition and performance of certification tests for propulsion sub-systems and components.
- Supports fielded systems to assure continued reliability and airworthiness.
- Utilizes and applies Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) principles to speed innovation, increase operating efficiencies and assist in development, integration and certification of complex systems.
Employer willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors degree (or higher) from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry or related technical field of study.
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Knowledge of development, production and certification testing and/or qualification processes and procedures, including knowledge of governing regulations and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of propulsion system components, interfaces and their design/integration variables, within aerospace vehicles. Ability to interface with engine and component suppliers.
- Knowledge of propulsion system analysis principles, processes, methods, and tools for aerospace vehicles and their components, including company and industry standards and practices.
- Prior Engineering experience with turbo-machinery.
- Experience with computer aided design software and tools like CATIA, ENOVIA.
- Experience coding in Python, C++, Matlab, Linux.
- Experience with Engine testing, modeling, analysis and Simulation.
- Experience with design and manufacturing of large, complex assemblies.
- Experience with Engine Control, detection and indication.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This is a union represented position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.