P 8A Program Work Management Coordinator Featured
- Edinburgh, South Australia Australia
- Job ID
P 8A Program Work Management Coordinator job at Boeing in Edinburgh South Australia
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) is looking for their next Work Management Coordinator to join the P-8A Program Integration Team.
P-8A is developing an enterprise wide work management framework to help improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of all P-8A sustainment services.
About the Team and Position
The P-8A Program is establishing a new Program Work Management Team (PWMT) which will be supported by multiple Work Management Coordinators. The PWMT will be broadly responsible for prioritising, allocating, coordinating, and communicating status of all work executed by the P-8A Sustainment Enterprise consistent with BDA Program Management Best Practices. The PWMT is the single entry point for all new work ensuring that all work performed by the enterprise is known, prioritised, and resourced. The PWMT also acts as the custodian of the Enterprise Work Management System that provides an unbroken link between Enterprise priorities and individual team workload. All enterprise level reporting is coordinated through this team (e.g. business reviews) so that the full context of enterprise activities may be synthesised effectively.
Accordingly, the primary purpose of this role is to support the development and execution of the Enterprise Workload Management System within the P-8A program which:
- Captures and prioritises program tasking in accordance with customer and internal business priorities;
- Allocates work packages to responsible teams and tracks through to completion;
- Ensures issues affecting task delivery are identified and managed;
- Accurately reports status of WIP and task backlogs;
- Forecasts future workload and resource requirements; and
- Identifies risks/opportunities related to the Programs ability to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Support the design, development, and implementation of workload management systems, processes and tools for the P-8A Program;
- Establishing strong working relationships with Program customers and stakeholders to ensure their goals and objectives are reflected in the Program workload prioritisation processes; (translating BDA and customer business objectives into priorities that can be applied to Program workload)
- Collaborating with Program delivery leads to ensure work capacity constraints are understood and reflected in workload management systems
- Ensuring work is allocated to Program delivery teams in line with program priorities and capacity.
- Reporting on Program work/task delivery performance
- Engagement with Program customers, stakeholders, and internal delivery leads to forecast future workload and associated resource requirements
- Identifying and managing RIOs relating to operation of the Workload Management System and the Programs ability to meet required delivery outcomes.
- Experience in engaging with internal and customer Senior Leaders to understand business objectives and translate into operational priorities
- Broad understanding and experience in the sustainment/Through Life Support of complex military system preferably in the Aerospace domain.
- Senior Program planning and/or scheduling management experience
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working within a complex and collaborative multi-organisational environment
- Experience with tasking tools
- Ability to coordinate effectively and work well within a team
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet Defence security requirements (NV1)
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nations most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence. We currently employ more than 2,500 people across 14 sites in Australia and three international locations and have a range of opportunities available as we plan for future growth.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. Were committed to fostering an environment for every teammate thats welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
- Flexible working options
- Salary packaging
- Study assistance
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and veterans are encouraged to apply.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.