Systems Engineer Featured
- Brisbane, Queensland Australia
- Job ID
Systems Engineer job at Boeing in Brisbane Queensland
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Wakulda System is a world-leading Air Defence C2 System. It is a network-centric ground-based air surveillance and control system, which supports C4ISR capabilities to conduct surveillance and air battlespace management missions. Boeing is responsible for delivering spiral upgrades over the next five years in a fast paced, agile and responsive development and sustainment environment, while maximizing mission availability for the Australian Defence Force. Come and join one of the most innovative programs in BDA, pushing the boundaries on the art of the possible as we transform Australias leading air battlespace management system.
As part of this capability growth, Boeing Defence Australia is seeking a Systems Engineer to support the delivery of major programs across these Defence platforms, specifically working under the Scaled Agile execution framework (SAFe®).
As a Systems Engineer in our team, you will be at the centre of all engineering activities being undertaken to achieve implementation of capability and deliver against our customer commitments. You will ensure the requirements and design are defined, implemented and verified to produce an effective solution that is balanced across the various engineering disciplines and meets our customer needs.
- Development of diverse engineering solutions for the Wakulda air battlespace management program
- Assist with the planning and conduct of testing exercises to assess potential interoperability issues.
- Installation of system hardware infrastructure and associated connectivity in a system integration environment.
- Development of engineering documentation and configuration management of hardware in the system integration environment.
- Provide input to the planning and conduct of tasking to achieve the required outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills that enable you to influence outcomes in a team environment.
- A continuous improvement mindset with a focus on first time quality.
- Tertiary degree qualification in an engineering or related technical discipline.
- Experience in systems engineering in a complex project environment would also be considered highly desirable.
- Experience with Engineering Requirements Management system DOORS® including creation of macros highly regarded.
- AsciiDoc skills and Basic networking skills - CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate desirable
- Experience using PLM tool (Matrix) beneficial
- Ability to apply relevant systems engineering practices, standards and regulations.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nations most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. Were committed to fostering an environment for every teammate thats welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption. This role is categorised as Group 1 under the Boeing Australia COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Controls Policy
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.