Senior Common Products Manager Featured
- El Segundo, California
- Job ID
Senior Common Products Manager job at Boeing in El Segundo CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking a highly motivated Senior Common Products Manager with Spacecraft Payload and Platform Products, to support the Boeing Satellite Systems team located in El Segundo, California.
Reporting to the Common Products Executive Leadership, this role will manage employees who are performing Spacecraft Payload and Platform Products to develop and maintain program/products plans/capabilities in support of space products and ensure all hardware successfully integrates to meet mission objectives. The Platform & Payload Space Products Leader will manage and oversee the development of all product plans, working in conjunction with Engineering, Operations, and Program Leadership teams ensuring hardware is delivered that meets program requirements. The Platform & Payload Space Products Leader will be responsible for and taking ownership of all facets of the program plans that are used to sell off quality space hardware. The Platform & Payload Space Products Leader will create and manage plans that ensure that all products are delivered on time and on cost. The Platform & Payload Space Products Leader will regularly report performance to plan to Common Products Executive Leadership as well as Senior Executives, Customers, and the Program Managers.
Reporting directly to the Common Products Executive, the Platform & Payload Space Products Leader is a member of the Senior Leadership team and will also be responsible for leading and mentoring the Common Products Platform & Payload Space Products team, promoting a positive work culture, supporting regular customer engagements, and exceeding customer expectations. The Platform & Payload Space Products Leader is expected to have excellent communication skills and will interact with all levels of the Boeing organization, all the way up to senior executive management.
- Manages employees and first-level managers performing business management activities in the area of Program Management.
- Develops and executes integrated departmental plans, policies, and procedures and provides input on departmental business and technical strategies, goals, and objectives.
- Acquires resources for department activities, assists with the technical management of suppliers, and leads process improvements.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners, and direct reports.
- In Conjunction with Engineering provides oversight in technical approaches, products, and processes.
- Establishes Program Management Best Practices (PMBP) program goals and establishes a PMBP improvement plan.
- Manages, develops, and motivates employees and first-level managers.
- Regularly takes on and assigns action items, and is responsible for driving them to closure
- Identifies and manages risks, issues, and opportunities, and ensures they are incorporated into the program plan
- Full accountability for IPT execution, delivery on cost and schedule commitments, and technical management of products from the development, integration, test, and delivery.
- Accountability includes exceeding customer expectations, mission success, program execution, and performance against company financial objectives.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite in El Segundo, California.
This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors degree or higher
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership role, leading teams or projects to successful completion
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 10+ years of experience with Satellite integration and test.
- 10+ years of experience working with Supply Chain Management
- 10+ years of experience with a budget, development of quarterly EAC, program health metrics, earned value, and management of program critical path
- 10+ years of experience working with space flight Platform/Payload hardware
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Travel 10% of the time.
Boeing is a Drug-Free Workplace where post-offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria are met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.