F-22 Aircraft Modification Electrician Featured
- Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska
- Job ID
F 22 Aircraft Modification Electrician job at Boeing in Elmendorf Air Force Base AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an F-22 Aircraft Mechanic-Electrical at JB Elmendorf-Richardson (JBER), AK.
In this role you will be responsible for performing maintenance repair and upgrades on F-22 systems and electrical. You will utilize aircraft technical orders, publications, blueprints and drawings to perform a variety of maintenance actions on aircraft systems and sub systems including electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and engines.
- Maintains, repairs, and modifies aircraft electrical components of moderate difficulty
- Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components
- Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in resolving equipment malfunctions and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation
- Applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting user documentation such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals
- Will be using basic knowledge of electrical theory
- Working knowledge of technical publications
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 2+ years aircraft maintenance and/or modifications
- Must have experience installing aircraft modifications to include fabricating and installing aircraft electrical system wiring, connectors, electrical components or avionics boxes
- Must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers.
- Must be willing to work variable shifts
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience repairing, and servicing military fighter aircraft F-15, F-16, F-18, A-10, F-22, F-35
- 3+ years aircraft maintenance experience
- 1+ year(s) 5th generation aircraft maintenance experience
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting aircraft avionics systems
- Experience maintaining aircraft electrical systems
High school diploma or GED and typically 3 or more years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for Shift 1 and will transition to a varied shift as the need arises
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.