Propulsion Engineer Level 2 Featured
- Seattle, Washington
- Job ID
Propulsion Engineer Level 2 job at Boeing in Seattle WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is hiring a Propulsion Engineer (Level 2) to support Propulsion System Engineering in the Puget Sound area of Washington.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) engineering designs, builds, certifies, delivers, and maintains products and services that provide superior safety, quality, and value to our airline customers. We are dedicated to safety, quality, innovation, and technical excellence in order to make our products, customers, and Boeing successful.
Our Propulsion Organization is a world-class team of over 1000 engineers supporting our customers across the product life-cycle from product development to certification to fleet support. Our core organization supports all programs and ensures functional excellence, while our integrated Product Teams are co-located and support specific airplane programs. Our engineers share a passion to redefine what’s possible. To turn dreams into reality. To bring world-class innovation to market. Join us in Propulsion Systems Engineering and you can design our next generation of amazing products. Whether your engineering expertise in Propulsion are Systems Integration, auxiliary power systems, vehicle fuel and tank systems, software, Controls or Flight sciences, we have opportunities for you to learn, grow and contribute.
A level 2 engineering role within our organization is someone that acts in a supporting role in multidisciplinary teams, provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, receives general instructions for special assignments, makes use of and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories and concepts.
This requisition is targeting Engineers with relevant skills and job experience to be utilized within our Propulsion Organization. Qualified candidates will be brought into the organization and hired into open positions within Propulsion based on their skills, strengths, capabilities and interests.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
- Candidate will be required to work with other engineering disciplines.
- Develops general configuration concepts for associated vehicle systems.
- Supports design of propulsion sub-systems and components.
- Employs various testing, analysis, modeling and simulation tools to estimate or calculate system performance.
- Supports development of concepts for future propulsion systems.
- Applies(y) requirements for propulsion systems, auxiliary power systems and vehicle fuel and tank systems.
- Utilizes and applies(y) Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) principles to speed innovation, increase operating efficiencies and assist in development, integration and certification of complex systems.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors degree (or higher) from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry or related technical field of study.
- Minimum 2+ years of engineering experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Knowledge of propulsion system analysis principles, processes, methods, and tools.
- Knowledge of propulsion system components, interfaces and their design/integration variables, within aerospace vehicles.
- Prior Engineering experience with turbo-machinery.
- Experience with computer aided design software and tools.
- Experience coding in Python, C++, Matlab
- Experience with testing, modeling, analysis or Simulation.
- Experience with design and manufacturing
- Experience with Control, detection and indication of a system.
- Experience with Engine Control, detection and indication.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This is a union represented position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.