Mid Level Propulsion Structures Analyst Featured
- Everett, Washington
- Job ID
Mid Level Propulsion Structures Analyst job at Boeing in Everett WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) Engineering is seeking highly motivated Mid-level Structural Analysts to perform detailed structural analysis and to provide solutions to key challenges for multiple programs in the Propulsion Structures organization. These positions will be based in Puget Sound (Renton and Everett WA).
Propulsion Structures is a subset of the larger Structures organization though it shares many of the same core skills such as:
- Understanding the airplane loading and environment including applied loads, loads for initial sizing and development, interface Loads, and recognizes loads development groups and roles.
- Knows design, manufacturing, analysis and certification requirements.
- Supports structural configuration and sizing for product development including initial program development, the layout and detail Design Process.
- Develops free-body diagrams and understands load paths.
- Understands materials, specifications, allowables, and design values.
- Understands stress analysis processes including the initial approach, execution and documentation.
- Conducts static strength analysis.
- Conducts durability (Fatigue) analysis.
- Conducts damage tolerance and fail-safety analysis (limited in propulsion).
- Performs finite element analysis.
- Develops the test requirements for physical testing and uses test data for structural analysis.
- Communicates, administers, and leads.
In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this position will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Propulsion structures focuses on the structure common to the engine such as the inlet, cowling, thrust reverser, pylon, systems (fuel, hydraulic, pneumatic), installation integration, and APU (auxiliary power unit). This structure has specific requirements and methods so previous propulsion analysis experience is highly desired. If you have structures experience and are interested in expanding your experience please apply.
This requisition is seeking to fill multiple positions for a number of organizations including 737, 767, 777, 777-9, 777-9 freighter, 787, P-8, and the B-52 CERP (commercial engine replacement program). The majority of the positions will be for the B-52 CERP, 777-9, and the newly launched 777-8 Freighter. In addition, positions are available in the propulsion internal loads and dynamics team.
We are a team of fast-paced, eager engineers and technicians; Skilled scientists and thinkers; Bold innovators and dreamers working on cutting-edge aerospace technology. If you have a passion for aviation and a desire to be a part of a team that is shaping the future of propulsion, join us today!
- Develops, integrates and documents structural requirements to establish the system design.
- Coordinates with other engineering groups to establish the products environment.
- Guides product design and verifies structural integrity by using analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance.
- Develops test plans and configurations, supports test execution and analyzes/reports test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Defines and documents certification and test results to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied.
- Supports in-service products by investigating failures and analyzing improvements.
- Works under general direction.
- Collaborates with other engineering groups and engine companies to develop FEA based loads and deflections (internal loads).
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- 5 or more years of experience in aircraft structures analysis or 3 years with Master’s degree
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an engineering (structural, mechanical, aerospace, or civil) course of study.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with propulsion structural analysis for aircraft primary structures
- Experience with 3D modeling such as CATIA/ENOVIA for model interrogation and verification.
- Experience using NASTRAN/PATRAN, ABAQUS, Hypermesh.
- Experience with Boeing specific applications such IAS, CSW, SA and others.
- Programming experience such as VBA, Python, MATLAB and others.
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria are met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is First.
This is a Union represented position.
Referral Bonus may be applicable, upon approval.
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.