Lead Cybersecurity Engineer ESG Featured
- Seal Beach, California
- Job ID
Lead Cybersecurity Engineer ESG job at Boeing in Seal Beach CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is currently looking for a Lead Product Security Engineer to join the Boeing team in Seal Beach, CA; with options to work out of Aurora, CO or El Segundo, CA. This position will focus on supporting a proprietary program with activities in several states.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of cyber security during all phases of a program and enjoy working closely with the customer to provide a secure system.
- Product Security Engineer responsible for applying an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, validate and verify lifecycle balanced information system security solutions.
- Leads a team of Product Security Engineers that will implement cybersecurity features on satellite vehicles and implement RMF processes for embedded computing systems.
- Evaluates resilient network operations for a satellite system and implements effective crypto keying techniques.
- Evaluates customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system security requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture. Identifies assets and assesses risks, threats, and vulnerabilities of the product assets in accordance with accepted industry, professional, and government standards to ensure security design integrity, availability, confidentiality, non-repudiation and contract compliance.
- Knowledgeable in secure manufacturing and anti-tamper design. Evaluates remediation recommendations and develops a cost to mitigate estimate.
- Employs system security processes, methods, and tools and assures their consistent application. Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
- Implements appropriate Accreditation and Authorization activities per JSIG, DoD and ICD 503 RMF, NISPOM, or DoD Overprint to the NISPOM as required by customers.
- Coordinates with system administrators, network and software engineers, test and validation engineers and program management on security related activities and requirements.
- Travel (25%) will be required for meetings with customers, internal meetings, etc.
- Works under minimal direction.
This position is expected to be onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate of Science degree in engineering, computer science, information systems or other cyber related degree; ten (10) or more years of directly related experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification.
- 5+ years of experience with Information Systems Security is required.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Successful completion of a Counter-Intelligence Polygraph
- Bachelors degree or higher in engineering or related technical discipline is highly preferred.
- Strong JSIG background
- Experience with ACAS, Nessus and Rapid7
- Use of other tools like Nipper and Nmap
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
Eligible for 3ERP
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Colorado summary pay range: Min: $101,430 – Max: $188,370
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.