Mission Systems Intern 12 Months Featured
- Bristol, England United Kingdom
- Job ID
Mission Systems Intern 12 Months job at Boeing in Bristol England
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This post is for a Mission Systems Intern to work within the Engineering function in Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) in Bristol,Frimley or Oxford. BDUK is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,200 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including E-7 AEW & C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISR Services, and Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services.
- Participating and supporting engineering activities in accordance with plans while continually seeking out opportunities for improvement.
- Supporting the Mission Systems Team in the implementation and test of concept demonstration and prototype solutions using C++, Java, web-based visualization languages
- Using open source libraries and scripting languages.
- Using the BDUK Mission Systems Agile Software development process and toolset to implement and test software solutions.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
- Proficiency in at least one core language such as Java or C++
- Familiarity with contemporary integrated development environments
- Familiarity with Agile development tools and processes
- Understanding of software lifecycle
- Great communication skills
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a Security Clearance Process, which will require 5 years uninterrupted residency in the UK prior to applying.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.