Mid-Level Quality Engineer Featured
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Job ID
Mid Level Quality Engineer job at Boeing in Huntsville AL
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) has an exciting opportunity for a Mid-Level Quality Engineer to join our ABMD Programs in Huntsville, AL.
- Represents Quality function on team activities to integrate contractual and Boeing Quality Management System requirements into all aspects of proposals and program processes and documentation.
- Provides Quality interpretation of requirements.
- Develops quality metrics, design and production certification plans for small programs to ensure compliance with contractual, Company and regulatory requirements.
- Conducts capability assessments and process validations to support supplier selection activities.
- Participates in various reviews to ensure quality attributes are incorporated into product designs.
- Performs analysis, tests and process audits to ensure manufacturing and test readiness.
- Provides material review dispositions for non-conformances.
- Analyzes non-conformance trends to evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Recommends corrective actions to address non-conformances.
- Performs benchmarking and other forms of analysis to ensure specified processes capability levels are achieved.
- Works under general direction.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (An Interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post Start is required.)
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in root cause analysis and corrective action
- Experience in Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Experience as a team lead
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $65,520 – $121,680
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.