Senior Mechanical Design & Analysis Engineer Featured
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu India
- Job ID
Senior Mechanical Design Analysis Engineer job at Boeing in Chennai Tamil Nadu
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore, and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeings values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world.
We at Boeing committed to diversity by providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Boeing India Engineering is looking for Senior Mechanical Design & Analysis Engineer to join their team in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
A successful candidate will understand collaboration and shall work with the Engineering Manager, Project lead & Aerospace Mechanical Design and Systems expert to develop or optimize the designs, engineering process, analyze the supplier quality issues, support innovative technologies and digital initiatives.
- You will execute one or more projects independently without supervision
- You will execute end-to-end project management, including some configuration management and change control
- You will lead mechanical design and analysis of a wide range of mechanical structures, systems and other aircraft /Aerospace components.
- You will provide technical guidance and mentor team during project execution
- You will coordinate and communicate with team members in Boeing organizations and shall provide a periodic update on project progress, quality metrics, project summaries, and other related documents.
- You will convert the customer requirements to project deliverables and define suitable processes to achieve the desired results/outcome.
- You will build statements of work, estimates, resource plans, and schedules
- You will make recommendations to management on resource requirements
- You will pro-actively seek information and direction to complete the work statement
- You will apply use of design automation (e.g., knowledge-based engineering [KBE], parametrized relational design, macros)
- You will identify and track technical performance metrics to measure project progress and ensure compliance with requirements
- You will represent Mechanical Engineering in IPT meetings, design reviews, customer meetings, audits and other activities.
- You will work well in domestic and global teams from a modern innovative and collaborative environment.
- You shall train and mentor other engineers, manage one or more projects.
- You shall think out of the box and apply problem-solving skills to find solutions appropriately.
- You will gather relevant data for root cause analysis and produce changes to resolve the discrepancies in design packages.
- You will take part in and support initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development, customer engagement, etc.
This position will be in Boeing India Private Limited, Chennai, India.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace, Aeronautical or equivalent disciplines)
- an Engineering degree and 12+ years’ related work experience or a Master’s degree and 10+ years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- You shall have experience in structural design, mechanical design, and material properties.
- You shall have awareness of industry standards, aircraft requirements, design and certification.
- You shall have experience in aerospace material selection, drawing (Drawing based or MBD creation), processes (finishing and heat treatment) specifications, perform analyses like tolerance stack up, engineering or product quality investigation analyses.
- You shall have experience in developing designs using CAD Tools (Unigraphics /NX, CATIA, Creo,) for Modeling, Drafting & Model Based Definition is essential.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- You shall have experience of design and development as part of New Product development, process redesign and in-service design investigations.
- You shall have experience in assigning GD & T and ability to understand the development rationale for supplier designs and change proposals.
- You shall have experience in Model Based Engineering using tools like 3DX etc.,
- You shall have experience in use of PDM/PLM tools such as ENOVIA or Team Center.
- You shall have knowledge of data analytics, data interpretation and data visualization using MS Excel (preferred), MS Power BI (advantage) or Tableau (advantage)
- You shall have knowledge in Agile Project Management
- You shall be able to work with cross-functional team and work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing stakeholders around the world.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 12+ years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+ 10 years related work experience etc.)
This position does offer relocation within INDIA.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.