Mid Level Airworthiness Engineer Featured
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Job ID
Mid Level Airworthiness Engineer job at Boeing in Oklahoma City OK
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us. The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking an Mid-Leve Airworthiness Engineer. This Level 3 position is located in Oklahoma City, OK.
This position will lead and apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to the full range of activities required to support airworthiness certification of various modification and sustainment projects for commercial derivative aircraft. Airworthiness certification projects will include both FAA and military (MIL-HDBK-516C) efforts.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Evaluate customer and operational needs to identify airworthiness/certification approaches and plans
- Interface with airworthiness authorities for the development of airworthiness certification plans and identification of impacted regulations
- Collaborate with various capabilities and functions to derive requirements in support of airworthiness regulations and support their verification
- Collaborate with various capabilities and functions to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions
- Lead the “Show compliance” effort to the airworthiness authorities for final airworthiness approval
- Provide airworthiness guidance to sustainment engineering teams addressing obsolescence issues Maintain situational awareness of the overall program and critical path sequencing
- Proactively communicate with various leadership team/s, peers and customers
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience with FAA certification efforts, including development of certification plans and supporting showing of compliance
- Ability to collaborate with multi-functional teams at multiple organizational levels
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Microsoft Office Tools: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc. knowledge
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with military Handbook 516C (MIL-HDBK-516C) airworthiness
- Experience in customer facing organizations
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility
This is a first shift position:
Employee Referral Eligibility with Potential Signing Bonus
If you have an engineering degree from an ABET accredited college or university in Oklahoma and are not currently working in the aerospace sector in Oklahoma, you may qualify for a $5000 tax credit from the state of Oklahoma for up to five years. Click herefor more information on the tax credit.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.