Senior APQP Supplier Quality Engineer Featured
- Ft Worth, Texas
- Job ID
Senior APQP Supplier Quality Engineer job at Boeing in Ft Worth TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer to join our Supplier Readiness APQP team.
- The candidate will lead development & application of AS9145 / Advanced Product Quality Planning tools, training & processes for the BDS Supply base.
- Leads / assists teams to use APQP methods & tools on projects with suppliers
- Lead Advanced Quality events/activities with the supply base to ensure that supplier’s production and quality systems, products, and services meet purchase contract requirements, and applicable regulatory and government regulations including: Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Operational Risk & Capability Assessments, Requirements Consumption Reviews, and Process/product specific audits-assessments
- Will be using strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Develops and implements preventative actions.
- Works under minimal direction
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.“US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors Degree or higher from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3+ years of experience with the application of AS9145 / Advanced Product Quality Planning
- 5+ years or experience with Quality Systems in the Aviation industry
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Experience working with internal customers and suppliers
- Possess a valid Drivers License
- Have the use of a personal vehicle to travel for business reasons to meet suppliers
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Practical experience with Advanced Product Quality Planning APQP and PPAP Deliverable review
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with Aviation, Space and Defense products
- Training/Coaching experience
- Practical experience with Digital Product Definition and Model Based Definition approvals / interrogation
- Familiarity with ISO-9001, AS9100, AS9102, AS9145, AS9146, and AS9115
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Position may require travel up to 50% of the time.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: USD 116,450 – 160,290
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.