Entry Level Software Engineer Featured
- Hazelwood, Missouri
- Job ID
Entry Level Software Engineer job at Boeing in Hazelwood MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking Entry Level Software Engineers to join the Boeing Defense, Space & Security Bombers and Fighters Software Engineering group. These positions are located in theSt Louis, MO region (Berkeley and Hazelwood). This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization.
Our Bombers and Fighters software engineers design, develop, and demonstrate avionics solutions for the platforms we build and upgrade. Your efforts will assist integration of cutting edge technologies to maintain our platform’s dominance over the battlefield for many decades to come. The programs include the F-15, F/A-18, F-22, T-X, bombers and advanced programs. Additionally our software engineers support the development of the Flight Simulation products associated to our platforms. Our engineers are involved in all aspects of these programs (software requirements, design, code, and test) and our agile development approach allows new hires like yourself to quickly become very impactful and make a difference to our success.
- Supporting software development on agile teams which are tasked with integrating/implementing solutions onto a platform.
- Developing high fidelity simulation and environment software and tool sets to enable rapid development, test, and deployment of high quality software solutions for the war-fighter, and many others.
- Uses analytical problem solving skills to resolve problems for the company and suppliers.
- Uses engineering skills to deliver improved weapon system capabilities to our customers.
- Applies engineering knowledge to continuously improve processes and tools.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles to conduct analysis
These positions require the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
These positions are expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate may be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Please have your current GPA listed on your resume.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Classroom or work related programming experience with any of the following software development languages: Ada, C, C++, C#, JAVA, and Python
- Experience working in a project where various software development methodologies are being utilizing
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and communicate with stakeholders of different backgrounds and skill levels
- Experience developing embedded real-time software
- Experience developing models and simulation
- Experience working with Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Experience with object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD) methodologies
- Experience with Agile software development
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics (e.g. Bachelor) with strong software skills. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Referral to this job is eligible for a $1500 bonus.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.