Experienced V 22 Aircraft Structures Technician Featured
- Miramar, California
- Job ID
Experienced V 22 Aircraft Structures Technician job at Boeing in Miramar CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an Experienced V-22 Aircraft Structures Technician to support V-22 Maintenance & Modifications at MCAS Miramar, CA.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position is eligible for a Stipend payment in addition to salary for eligible candidates.
- MV-22 Modification & Maintenance Teams
- Must be knowledgeable in aspects of V-22 aircraft maintenance, modification and repair to include skill and experience in Airframes system disciplines.
- Candidate must have knowledge of general aircraft maintenance and environment processes (FOD control, tool control, health & safety).
Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Independently assembles, disassembles and troubleshoots numerous assemblies by changing, removing and replacing aerospace components, using general aerospace maintenance practices and aerospace product specifications to correct failures.
- Removes and replaces components for repair, replacement or testing, to support product serviceability.
- Resolves and corrects routine problems during operation, maintenance and overhaul of deliverable products.
- Oversees assembly, disassembly or overhaul functions to ensure adequacy, accuracy and thoroughness of product assembly, disassembly and overhauls.
- Measures and makes adjustments independently, using shims, lapping or other documented processes, to satisfy specifications and ensure correct tolerances are obtained.
- Identifies and assists engineering with discrepancies. Trains and mentors less experienced personnel.
- Independently performs routine and complex functional/diagnostic tests and troubleshoots aerospace/missile systems, using monitoring instruments and bench/automated test equipment, to determine root cause of initial or isolated failures.
- Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components to ensure serviceability.
- Troubleshoots for customers, using established fault isolation procedures, in order to isolate routine mechanical or electrical faults. Troubleshoots with limited/little engineering or co-worker assistance.
- Calls out repairs, however consults engineering and customer with results, if needed.
- Oversees training of individuals.
- Independently documents repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results, using specific, detailed instructions and established processes and procedures, to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance.
- Verifies and ensures correctness of documented instructions and procedures to modify, troubleshoot, repair and test assemblies. Assists engineering to rectify discrepancies found by technicians.
- Properly identifies discrepancies found with parts and assists with reconciliation of discrepancies.
- Visually inspects component before installation or usage to verify cleanliness and serviceability of components. Identifies and documents discrepancies found during inspection.
- Aids in resolution of discrepancies found by technicians.
- Independently performs modifications to satisfy deliverable products.
- Understands and interprets required engineering drawings, instructions and technical specifications to advise technicians.
- Resolves and corrects routine and complex problems during modification of deliverable products.
- Ensures adequacy, accuracy and thoroughness of product modification.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start isrequired.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Minimum 3 years experience do you have with Aircraft Maintenance/Aircraft Structural Repair
- At the sole discretion of leadership, must be willing and able (on potentially short-notice) to deploy/travel to a variety of locations (domestic and international) and for a variety of deployment durations to meet customer needs and the statement of work. Unless compelling reasons exist, failure to deploy/travel will be considered as a resignation.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant License preferred.
- V-22 experience preferred
- Quality Assurance experience preferred
- Extensive Depot-level modification experience preferred
High school diploma or GED and typically 4 or more years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This is for a shift 1 position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.