Field Service Representative IT Featured
- Edinburgh, South Australia Australia
- Job ID
Field Service Representative IT job at Boeing in Edinburgh South Australia
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Do you aspire to help build something better? Would you like to work for a company that employs the best talent to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests? Would you like to work on cutting edge projects? Then we would like to talk to you.
As an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment, one of the countrys leading and preferred defence partners, Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) is now recruiting Field Service Representatives to support the Wakulda System at RAAF Base Edinburgh.
About the role:
The Wakulda System is a world-leading Air Defence C2 System. It is a network-centric ground-based air surveillance and control system, which supports C4ISR capabilities to conduct surveillance and air battlespace management missions. Boeing is responsible for delivering spiral upgrades over the next five years in a fast paced, agile and responsive development and sustainment environment, while maximizing mission availability for the Australian Defence Force.
This position will provide on-site support for an operational system, supporting infrastructure, software, cyber-security requirements and liaising directly with end users to resolve problems and deploy updates. We are looking for enthusiastic team players from all walks of life who can bring something different and unique to the team.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Work as part of a team responsible for the maintenance of an operational system, supporting IT infrastructure, software, monitoring for security incidents and responding to assigned tasking.
- Liaise with engineering and technical staff to build, test and deploy software and hardware updates.
- Deal directly with end users and provide support on a variety of issues.
- Work with a mixture of COTS and in-house built software - ensuring availability metrics are met to meet operational requirements.
To be successful you will have:
- Strong domain knowledge across multiple areas including;
- Network connectivity and configuration.
- Windows Client-server systems.
- Support and maintenance of in-house hardware/software systems.
- Engineering Change Management processes.
- Cyber security experience and awareness.
- Demonstrated knowledge in defence.
- At least 5+ years experience supporting a broad range of IT systems.
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance - The preferred applicant will be required to successfully undergo the security clearance vetting process at the TOP SECRET NEGATIVE VETTING 2 level. The preferred applicant MUST be willing to disclose all relevant and required information and MUST have lived in Australia, or have a checkable background, for at least the precedingFive years.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
BDA is dedicated to providing a diverse and flexible work environment so that we can recruit and retain the best talent. As such, we would welcome applications for Full Time, Part Time and flexible work arrangements.
BDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment.
If you would like to see your career take off click Apply now.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.