Potable / Waste Water Operator Associate Level Featured
- Hertford, North Carolina
- Job ID
Potable Waste Water Operator Associate Level job at Boeing in Hertford NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an Associate Level Potable/Waste Water Operator to support our Hunter Facilities Operation in Hertford, NC.
This position will support a current infrastructure anticipating many upgrades. The candidate will work with a team of three other operators supporting day to day waste water and potable activities. Selected candidate must be able to obtain potable/waste water operator certification within 12 months of start date. Candidate may also act as back up Operator in Responsible Charge (ORC) once certified. Join our team for an opportunity to connect, protect, and inspire!
- Utilize general knowledge of building codes, state regulations and safety procedures
- Construct commercial office space by providing overall construction capabilities, with limited supervision
- Oversee all aspect of water system operations, maintenance and monitoring
- Respond to trouble calls and resolves a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Repair and maintain plant equipment and demonstrates advanced skill level in these areas
- Interpret basic schematics and diagrams
- Monitor operating conditions, meters, and gauges
- Provide guidance to less experienced employees
- Review customer requirements and may evaluate product capabilities, under general guidance
- Utilize a variety of hand and power tools to construct, renovate and repair facilities and equipment
- Conduct necessary weekend checks of the Potable Water Plant on a rotating basis
-May receive specialized equipment training
- May provide training to peers and/or customers on the general use of equipment
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at our Hertford, NC location.
Must have and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance.
Security Clearance/Special Program Access or other Government Access Requirements are mandatory for this position.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Able to obtain potable/waste water operator certification within 12 months
- Available for weekend work on a rotating schedule
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working with U.S. Government customer
- Basic knowledge of water treatment systems
- Basic knowledge of remote building monitoring and SCADA
- Potable/Waste Water Operator experience
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 1 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift: This is a 1st shift position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.